Meng Warrior TES(H) 1/35

It being the weekend I managed to get a full day in.

Started off by finishing off the extinguishers and the tools then attaching them.  I also dry brushed the tracks with silver.

y4mhCnoy2qHtpIZZ71sND4aCEV3rQn3xQ4eWMAB7

y4mf7JA_9W7Pz2OX8A5jZ0qia6uKniJ6xRrwcywG

y4mqw9rmr4Am3WfVxd8w8Oc6P1spsFmfD5Dvt7jn

y4mbz1EYY8vLCMZUfFU0j5aO-AHcIgrkGTgap81I

Then onto the pin wash.  I used Mig's acrylic wash for the first time.  It worked well once I figured out the right ratio to water it down.  I normally use oil paint in turps so at least I didn't have the fumes.

y4mm__NHKSoyO46CRwIbusWOlRNPr3IMatlGjJ0d

I then used damp cotton buds to take off the excess

y4mTDOp-ch259TvpEmcD4SMQV0jqwuZoLcoGPBgk

I then used a bit of sponge and grey paint to add chipping.

y4mjDwXigzuy_A8nHk_FyLULHn-AFIn6Pq8PFgw1

I left it to dry whilst I had lunch and then sprayed matt varnish, followed by brushing gloss on the lights and lenses.

y4mg7hkssbgiX6GmdGCpdmiBJe6dfGa5Yyemb-6Q

I did the tracks with light dust pigment, using thinners to bind it.

y4mvOD3QiIFZGyMTgnbvY_QzYq2BAN_XYfRHG1_F

They look spot on compared to the picture on the last page.

I didn't use sand pigment as Helmend was covered in this fine sh*tty grey dust not sand.  It was horrible and got everywhere.  You leave your tent in clean combats and by the time you've walked 100m you would be grey from the knees down.

Speaking of sh*tty dust, I then continued with behind the tracks and running gear

y4mJuu63mfb7RKjBmjfFxfG2IKmNSPXAh6Ui9KR_

It has wheels!

y4mmuVNKtg3NjcLBtWkzrkLgb0Wu-X8YuOAhyzU6

And tracks!

y4mOm_O9Tag_NJsAnMDmFLGka_adOFAG2cH3yiti

y4mzb9zxvEj9rUiYlUfEsIdzS7eZEjzUJIntPsa8

As you can see, I've added the dust in the places that would be behind the bar armour, which is why I left it off in the first place.

And that being done, on with the bar armour

y4m6Evs9xLxeMUQqwC-xImiQdr4LpahVzrDZ3md5

y4mjIDLpNwxJs6LkEvi_31eVCTQuHB8E1Q7QLwtv

y4mM36XFEclqj8QT8xocsncmDhb1XuiSuGjPISUR

y4me9mWiu92IJzd399FBLxEhm5uRN-sFnbGDBMMs

That's it.  The only thing left is rear mud guards, the snagging list and adding dust to the rest and I think it only fair that Tim is the first to see it complete as he paid for it.  I'll post a RFI once he has seen it in the flesh. 

Thanks to those that stayed with the build. I really enjoyed it, apart from pin marks and the tracks.  I would recommend this to anyone looking to make a Warrior as it really shows up the Academy kit;  As I said, a kit bash between this and the Academy kit you could make cracking bog standard 510, especially if you want it Bowmanised.

I'm fighting the urge to scratch build a 1/35 Desert Hawk to wedge into the bar armour (or does someone know of kit?).  As I've regaled before, I was waiting for a chopper from PB5 in the early evening in Jan 11.   I was chatting to a couple of American contractors and watching one of the lads try to launch a Desert Hawk by hand.  Run, throw, nose dive.  Run, throw, nose dive He kept this up for about half an hour, attracting a crowd of on-lookers when, with a resounding cheer, it took flight.  It went 100m..............and impaled itself onto a Warrior's bar armour.   The cheers quickly changed to howls of laughter from the crowd whilst the erstwhile pilot stood with head in hands.  At this point the Chinook (or was it  Merlin?) arrived and we left for Bastion. 

• Like 8

Really nice work there, she is looking great. I'm another who hopes they re-box it as a standard Warrior. I do like the Acadeny kit, other than the wheel stations on the right side its pretty accurate. But it is hard to get and a newer kit would be very welcome.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bish said:

Really nice work there, she is looking great. I'm another who hopes they re-box it as a standard Warrior. I do like the Acadeny kit, other than the wheel stations on the right side its pretty accurate. But it is hard to get and a newer kit would be very welcome.

Fingers crossed, with Gecko bringing out an Op CABRIT Scimitar 2 it may encourage them to make a standard Warrior, but my monies on a Bosnia/Iraq version.

On 2/27/2022 at 4:03 PM, Big_Bad_Bill said:

Fingers crossed, with Gecko bringing out an Op CABRIT Scimitar 2 it may encourage them to make a standard Warrior, but my monies on a Bosnia/Iraq version.

Maybe, but that should be easier for them to give the option of a standard as well, as Academy did. We can hope.

12 minutes ago, Bish said:

Maybe, but that should be easier for them to give the option of a standard as well, as Academy did. We can hope.

We can indeed, but Academy just didn't delete the parts when they added the new parts for the Iraq version.  Maybe if we start a rumour that Meng is doing a 2 in 1 kit.........😈