PK-308 Porsche 935 ++Finished++

Look what the postman brought today.

y4mZk-zviaKszbjhp93cNDhgQ68Ezcy2N6_Zy65l

I bought two sets so that I had some spares and if I want to do another I can do the second car.  I also wish I'd known that the decal sheet included gauges...

y4m1Td5h3SA_ThGr0hiH5RCmioDYkddkGDj3o6NW

Body with painted window frames.

y4m6Clo7QpJIrWbFqz8qOjAiZe0r3yJ1qXbs0LRp

Add the stripes and it suddenly comes to life!

y4muKMEIEum5J-VXwYQEkfz7wQszsxe5-2rddkWO

The cut-out for the air vent is in the wrong place for this car, so I had to get creative with the scalpel.  This picture was taken before applying MicroSol which I hope will get the decal to conform to the shape of the rear wing.

The decals aren't die cut so need trimming carefully, but so far they seem to go on fairly well.  I've decided to call it a night as I could feel like it was going to get frustrating, so I'll come back to it tomorrow.

• Like 8

Looking great John and good to see you know when to stop just before the eyelids get heavier and things go wrong. I’ve tried to test this threshold on a few occasions, all of which have resulted in additional space being cleared on the expanding shelf of doom! 

Those new decals look a real treat and it’s all pointing to another excellent John Lambert car kit build. Very impressive work mate. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

More work with the paint and decals.

y4mBZYzWPGOHEmx5JowXVngrawKEe-7NV4eEg5PH

I think the original kit decals had the blue background but the aftermarket set don't have this so I had to spray the blue on the rear wing.

y4myCruu7s6A7FA9ad72-EZa7c19mEzK8DLf2Uve

I'm not sure it's perfectly symmetrical, but you can't see both sides at the same time and it's close enough.

y4maFCIyvue6gyPdVEEZJrl4A5HUYr2O9XT4ZXCW

After a few sessions with warm water and the decals, this is the result.  It goes a bit wonky around the rear wings but I can live with it.

y4mzeLncaHvZVfNnIcvpb5YKuArTBj5OigzJH1dO

Rear view, you can see that I've drilled out the exhausts which are moulded into the bumper.  I'm impressed at how well the white decals cover the blue.

y4mEcv1h4MyA7lvU50TCtDIqAJ7reChw1Meas6sg

The other side.

y4mRLWd4XmgdxN_loyfmhs1FvEWQS815bAE1CxOl

Front view, I had to cut away the decal from the filler just below the "1" and I added the Porsche shield over the moulded impression of the badge on the body.

I've applied plenty of MicroSol to get the decals to lay down over the compound curves.  I'll probably give the body a clear coat to protect everything.  I almost want to quit here as I like how the body looks and I don't want to risk messing everything up at this stage.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Jinxman said:

Lovely work. I wonder if there has ever been a Martini scheme on a vehicle that doesn't look great?

Thanks.

No, I don't think I've ever seen a Martini livery that didn't look great.

• Like 1

Well, suddenly this seems to have come together.

y4mlSLQl52JxSDtY3LJJjP4eR2sX1YCm0Bwk1KqF

The other day I put a clear coat over the decals, having left it to cure I gave it a bit of a polish, added the glazing and a bit of painted detail including panel line wash.

y4mTayDWu-O6swaQ0-YgIyR67ZfxTd48lyIT6tJk

The wheels were fixed to the suspension before uniting the body and chassis, the two parts snapped together quite securely.

y4mJNAqTE-oi6NFdmTkspbF8qDjNirdDs8ssS0eT

Wiper, mirrors and door handles added.  Just the windscreen strip to add.

y4mYMct7MbVx9W2pdF8tKQE0MvyS8MllHB8JJIv9

And there it is, just need to take some glamour shots.

• Like 8

I've taken some fancy pictures, here is a sample and I'll add more to the gallery thread.

y4mY4jiAZ-840ODo2bOiqon9EYYMl7zVKP_RlJUl

y4mIMsYW7zuvKEcdRivANuOcf37r4obiq_Ptn7eq

The windscreen is a bit thick but after being polished it is reasonably clear which means I'm glad I added a little colour to the interior and I can't remember if I said, but I sanded the steering wheel.  As moulded the steering wheel rim has a "D" cross section but it's easy enough to sand it into something more pleasing.

y4mPvUnlZ7sHt78l7terKP3LhijphVDd-r85SJNI

I'm glad I drilled out the exhaust pipes, although a better solution would be to cut these out and attach short pieces of tube to the engine's exhaust system.

Thanks as always for the comments and responses.

• Like 10

• johnlambert changed the title to PK-308 Porsche 935 ++Finished++

I'm finally getting around to checking in on all these great builds and its so good to see this beautifully finished Porsche finished and beautifully displayed in the GB Gallery. Your craftmanship is second to none so congratulations on what is an excellent end result. Cheers and well modelled.. Dave 

• Thanks 1