PK-174 Diamond T Transporter - *FINISHED* - in memory of my grandfather who drove them during the Suez Emergency.

• 2 weeks later...

Those are great photos @Daniel Cox   Sounds like your family has an impressive service record for the World Wars.

Yes, Susie is 100% again, but it looks like I may have a very mild dose of it now! Just feels like a mild cold tbh, but I'm skipping work while I've got a runny nose and sneezing. (My LF tests show negative the morning I take them, but 24hrs later there is a very faint T line.)

The Diamond T is nearing completion. As I've not found any direct reference of them in postwar use in Egypt I've tried to keep it as generic as possible here. After a coat of varnish a Flory wash was applied, but as with previous experiences with it I find it a rather heavy handed approach. I've removed as much as I can but I still think it looks a little overdone, especially for peacetime use. That said, I am happy with it. I've got the co-pilot sat in the cab, (hidden!) but the other chap I've painted looks rubbish. Not helped by the fact the matt varnish on him is actually shinier than the gloss varnish I use! (Galleria)

Next up is the base, which has had a few rough coats of sand and earth so far, but now needs a bit extra, and I'm not sure how to get there atm!

Also, the Rogers trailer needs a few air lines adding when I join it to the tractor unit. I'm not sure what to use for these yet, I'll go through the 'come in handy' tray ...

52015292332_61ca1669dd_z.jpg

The Diamond T nears completion by Mike, on Flickr

52016369238_8b73ac6356_z.jpg

52016843990_a6ca465341_z.jpg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Looks great Mike, great job, would some old phone wire do the job for the air lines fella?

Hope you feel better soon

Chris

Thanks Chris. Yeah, I was thinking along similar lines about the cables. Also, if I can find some really tiny chains they would look good on the trailer as well.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'm going to call this lovely little kit done. It's been great fun to build. I parked it for a while waiting for some tiny chain links to arrive to add to the Rogers trailer. They are over scale I think but the smallest I could find. The air lines to the trailer are from a phone charger cable. Other than that, OOB.

52076255994_f23a75552e_z.jpg

PK-174 finished by Mike, on Flickr

52076508505_3af717e2cf_z.jpg

52076030033_a7bb6f7da9_z.jpg

52076026091_84533ba4f3_z.jpg

52076509870_838a24e1ae_z.jpg

52076256829_e4200c2cef_z.jpg

• Like 12

• Quiet Mike changed the title to PK-174 Diamond T Transporter - *FINISHED* - in memory of my grandfather who drove them during the Suez Emergency.

A belated acknowledgement from me for a wonderful build and lovely tribute. You’ve done a marvellous job here and it’s all that more rewarding with a great family connection to help tell the story. Really nice work. 
Cheers and well modelled.. Dave 

• Like 1