Mig 21-um 1/48 trumpeter

Hewy

You did really well there mate, the paint creep is minimal and should clean up quite easily.

The wheel wells could be a variety of colours, I have seen blue used so unless you have pictures that prove otherwise you might be okay with them. The airbrake interiors also come in a variety of colours but the most common seem to similar to zinc chromate.

🇺🇦

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

You did really well there mate, the paint creep is minimal and should clean up quite easily.

The wheel wells could be a variety of colours, I have seen blue used so unless you have pictures that prove otherwise you might be okay with them. The airbrake interiors also come in a variety of colours but the most common seem to similar to zinc chromate.

🇺🇦

Thanks for the tip on the wells and airbrakes  Craig I'm on those tomorrow, I've had a bit to do today ,other than this and the mossie, but this is how it stands atm

Something is better than nothing

i2KaGZa.jpeg

• Like 12

@John Masters, @franky boy, @Dansk , @RidgeRunner, @coneheadff

I really appreciate  it fellas thanks for some great comments ,I'm happy so many like it,   i envisaged it finished by now , there's two moe g b,s to enter and a mossie to bring over the line , i think only a day or so on this one to finish it , I'm  totally over the moon with how its turning out, the masking took longer than the assembly, and demasking was a bit of a breath holder,  as @coneheadff says I'm  not really a fan of special schemes either but there was somthing about this one that caught my eye, still it creeps ever nearer to completion , just the gear and ariels and pitot, and decals

Gear and airbrake doors on and pylons all fitted (must paint that intake cone)

X2cNTPl.jpeg

The paint in the main wells needs a light blow over 

Tgyyzr0.jpeg

zXg1wHP.jpeg

• Like 15

27 minutes ago, Hewy said:

as @coneheadff says I'm  not really a fan of special schemes either but there was somthing about this one that caught my eye

Nor me, Glenn, but I have always like this scheme. That type of masking takes  patience, which you clearly have. I remember the fiddly mask on my 1/72 Quetzales Mustang a while ago as being a test for my arthritic fingers ;)

Martin 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PattheCat said:

It looks like you're on the right path to give us one of the most striking Fishbeds ever seen on Britmodeller.

Kudos Glynn.

High praise indeed pat, fingers crossed it doesn't go belly up, thanks🤞

• Like 1

Thanks fellas 👍👍, I've been  tidying up paint creep and glossed it up last night  and it's hardening off  atm, so i should be able to decal it up soon ,i can't  see many stencils on the 1-1 version so far  ,so i need to have a closer look there if they're needed ,  I'll  do an update tomorrow 

• Like 1

Decaling started, (and temporarily halted)

Doors wheels and tank all fitted ,paint touch ups required again , just the pitots and airiels to go on last, there has been the mandatory decaling disaster though ,  the large starboard wing 165 decal has self destructed, with my help of course,  luckily I've  been in touch with @modelling minion and craig has very kindly helped me out by giving me  a set of these decals, so a big thanks to him for that , nice one craig i appreciate it thanks 👍 ,

GzI3XyZ.jpeg

Tested out a light grey wash 

8jyIWwi.jpeg

• Like 12

looking ace Glynn. cool that craig can help you out.

have you considered using 2 washes? a light grey one on the white and a darker one on the red? there’ll be overlap but it could be effective.

• Like 2

On 4/2/2022 at 5:51 PM, modelling minion said:

the grey wash has worked very well without being too stark.

Totally agree, spot on. Looks perfect. And I like the tailpipe effects.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Any more progress on this mate?

The GB ends on Sunday and I would hate for you to miss out on the deadline.:poke:

🇺🇦

Hello craig, its  about done, just got to take some photos, like you I'm  suffering with the after effects of my recent bout of covid, not done much at all recently just bits and bobs on a few kits

• Like 1