Flyhawk 1/700 HMS Agincourt

Here's a build I finished last year. This is my first Flyhawk kit and I was very impressed with the quality of the kit at this scale. Also I made a sea diorama, first time I've tried it and learned a few lessons from it. The ship has also survived a iPad falling on top of it after a major repair.

HMS Agincourt HMS Agincourt HMS Agincourt HMS Agincourt

It was a fun wee build and I'd recommend the kit.

• Like 47
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Adm Lord De Univers said:

I have the same kit and she's a real nice build, but you've done her very proud here. Can't believe she survived an iPad on her, I doubt the real thing could've done similarly.

David

Thank you for the kind words, to be fair I thought she was a goner, snapped masts, bent PE and the rigging was away. My girlfriend dropped the iPad on it by accident while studying her uni course. Surprised myself how much I was able to repair.

5 hours ago, Marcello Rosa said:

It was already in my list of future projects, and your pictures just made it move a bit up the list. Congratulations.

Thank you! It's a great wee kit to be fair, this was the deluxe version with the extra PE, flyhawk kits I've noticed are great for building a lovely looking model out of the box without having to buy extras for them.

• Like 1

Lovely work, really like the curled over bow wave you've made. I'm just about to embark on my first seascape so seeing this has fuelled the fire! 

Cheers

Graeme

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GRK said:

Lovely work, really like the curled over bow wave you've made. I'm just about to embark on my first seascape so seeing this has fuelled the fire! 

Cheers

Graeme

Good luck with that! 

3 hours ago, Maginot said:

By Jove! That's a cracker. Nice work with the frothy base. I've seen HMS Agincourt referred to elsewhere as the turret farm. Wonder why? 🤓

Each turret was named after the days of the week. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gidday, if memory serves from many years ago I read about her in Richard Hough's "Dreadnought", with a photo of the ship. I think he said HMS Agincourt fired ten broadsides at Jutland, and when she did it was thought that another battlecruiser had blown up.

Great model, @Boydie. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Very cool. I have this kit myself, waiting. I admittedly somewhat cooled to 1/700 after struggling with the NIKO MODEL USS Iowa somewhat. Especially PE is a beast to handle at this scale. I also wish these kits were full hull, as seascape is really not my strong point (so far). Congratulations anyway!

• Thanks 1

Your seascape is lovely!  And I love the piece of wood you've chosen for the base as well.  It just works so well.  I, too, would like to see some close-up photos.  The ones you've posted are very nice, and you've definitely done an excellent job!

Erik.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ErikT said:

Your seascape is lovely!  And I love the piece of wood you've chosen for the base as well.  It just works so well.  I, too, would like to see some close-up photos.  The ones you've posted are very nice, and you've definitely done an excellent job!

Erik.

Thank you for the nice comment, yes I'll post some close ups tomorrow. Just been busy with DIY with the better weather. :)

Great work....and recovery from the ipad shelling! I'm inspired enough now to start one of my flyhawk or ww1 1/700 kits from my stash as next project.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Rich G said:

Really nice work, that's an interesting camo scheme I've not seen before makes it look meaner!

Rich

It is real, but I've only see one photograph of it. I had discussed it with @dickrd back when Flyhawk were preparing the paint guide for the kit and by careful study of the structural details of the ship it can be dated to a very short time window i.e. within a couple of weeks of being assigned to the Grand Fleet at Scapa Flow. She was painted a uniform colour soon after arriving.

• Like 1