Italeri M110 "Charley's Worry" 1:35

This is my take on the M110 Howitzer from Italeri in 1:35 scale.

I based my build on "Charley's Worry" a M110 based in South Vietnam. Specificly on Firebase "Sally" during 1970. They did support fire on A Shau valley during different operations done by 101 Airborne Div. Here are some photo's of 1/83 C-battery

HHH10_M110-8in.-Howitzer-SP death-dealer-ii-8-inch-howitzer-at-lz-oasis-vietnam-1968-california-views-mr-pat-hathaway-archives 31557450277_438b4d0619_b

I enjoyed building this kit. It came with enough options, it's all fully functional and the build instructions are verry clear and readable.

I hope you guys enjoy the photo's. Tnx for watching and i would love to hear your comments on my first serious build.

20220213_223247 20220213_222731 20220213_223046 20220213_222820 20220213_222645 20220213_222747 20220213_222755 20220213_222659

• Like 43
  • Thanks 1

The end result was worth all of the effort that you put into it, as it's turned out really well. As I said in your wip, I've not seen one of these on BM before (or any other site for that matter), but you've really done it justice. Nice one.

John.

• Like 1

Hi Maddoxx77,

The final result is magnificent IMHO, all the weathering with that reddish soil typical of Vietnam looks very good, and the real photos help to get an idea of what is close to the real model.
I have one that I started to assemble, many years ago, like the rest of the gift kits I had, when I returned to the hobby, so the kit must be about 30 years old... it really is a different version (the barrel has a muzzle brake), but in general it is the same chassis.
I don't know if your kit already includes EPs and more consistent detail for the gun mechanism, that's one of the reasons why I left the kit aside, that would need scratching in that part...

Although I don't rule out taking it up again one day, I hope it turned out as good, at least as yours...lol.
I see that you have seen my M109 also from Italeri, and that it was also the same as I mentioned above with the other kit, and one of the first to finish when he returned to the hobby, possibly now he would have done something better...?
If you are interested in Vietnam, I also have another oldie published, a Tamiya M48 Patton.

Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

3 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

The end result was worth all of the effort that you put into it, as it's turned out really well. As I said in your wip, I've not seen one of these on BM before (or any other site for that matter), but you've really done it justice. Nice one.

John.

Tnx for the compliment. I really enjoyed this build and it motivated me to go for a new project.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Maddoxx77,

The final result is magnificent IMHO, all the weathering with that reddish soil typical of Vietnam looks very good, and the real photos help to get an idea of what is close to the real model.
I have one that I started to assemble, many years ago, like the rest of the gift kits I had, when I returned to the hobby, so the kit must be about 30 years old... it really is a different version (the barrel has a muzzle brake), but in general it is the same chassis.
I don't know if your kit already includes EPs and more consistent detail for the gun mechanism, that's one of the reasons why I left the kit aside, that would need scratching in that part...

Although I don't rule out taking it up again one day, I hope it turned out as good, at least as yours...lol.
I see that you have seen my M109 also from Italeri, and that it was also the same as I mentioned above with the other kit, and one of the first to finish when he returned to the hobby, possibly now he would have done something better...?
If you are interested in Vietnam, I also have another oldie published, a Tamiya M48 Patton.

Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

First of all thanks for the compiments. I really enjoyed building this kit using reference photo's to get it as close as i can to the real thing. Still i have a lot of learning to do. This kit has no etched parts. The detailing on the different parts is pretty good. Everything is fully functional. The canon can move as can dozerblade. Also the back of the gun, the granade loading system etc can all move. It's not a hard build to complete. The fit is good in general. Lot's of seamlines to clean up and some issues with the fitting of small parts. Nothing too complicated and for me it was nice to learn and tackle these sort of problems. 

I'm not a vietnam kit fan. This was a birthday present. However i might return to the subject in the future. First i have a Stug on the wishlist.

• Like 1

Great mud! No, seriously though... that's one mucky model. Well done. Donning my OH&S hat, love the hearing protection in Pic#3. If they survived, I bet all three gents have hearing issues now. What?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maginot said:

Great mud! No, seriously though... that's one mucky model. Well done. Donning my OH&S hat, love the hearing protection in Pic#3. If they survived, I bet all three gents have hearing issues now. What?

🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 hours ago, Maddoxx77 said:

First of all thanks for the compiments. I really enjoyed building this kit using reference photo's to get it as close as i can to the real thing. Still i have a lot of learning to do. This kit has no etched parts. The detailing on the different parts is pretty good. Everything is fully functional. The canon can move as can dozerblade. Also the back of the gun, the granade loading system etc can all move. It's not a hard build to complete. The fit is good in general. Lot's of seamlines to clean up and some issues with the fitting of small parts. Nothing too complicated and for me it was nice to learn and tackle these sort of problems. 

I'm not a vietnam kit fan. This was a birthday present. However i might return to the subject in the future. First i have a Stug on the wishlist.

Hi, Maddoxx77,

Interesting subject, one of my favorites, I prefer IV to III, although one day I have to get one of these...
I have an IV published in the forum too, with my first vignette in earnest.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi, Maddoxx77,

Interesting subject, one of my favorites, I prefer IV to III, although one day I have to get one of these...
I have an IV published in the forum too, with my first vignette in earnest.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

Never build one before. I'm fairly new to the hobby. But i like the model. Not shure if i go full monty with the RFM Stug with full interior or go easy first, honing my skills on a simpeler exterior only.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Carius said:

Beautiful M110 you made mate.

I like it.

Cesar

2 hours ago, TheOxley said:

Wow…looks like this drove straight off Firebase Sally…👍🏻👍🏻

Tnx guys. Apriciate it 👍

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/02/2022 at 18:46, Buzby061 said:

Lovely job, looks like it's just been lifted from its firebase.

Pete

Tnx for the compliment. It was exactly the feel i was going for.