HMS Gorleston Banff class Sloop

beefy66

So with the little mine sweeper handed over I can get back to my own stuff and this is top of the list added more of the deck fittings and the main mast also started adding the start of the rigging and funnel stay's using Bob's Buckles

And Black Cat Oerlikon's painted ready to mount.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 9

• 2 months later...

OK this one has been sitting around for far to long time to get back to it and finish it so to help hold it better I made a start on the base usual method of scrap wood with insulation foam glued on and then wood beading for the edges foam sanded and given a coat of PVA glue to seal it before cutting out the hull shape and testing for size.

before anyone says owt about the rat it happens to be a mouse to go with the old Airfix Little Owl I have been restoring to get MO and JO back up to speed.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 8

21 hours ago, Courageous said:

Glad to see the Mo & JO are getting back together.

Stuart

Cheers Stuart slowly getting there after daughter settled back home and in new teaching job in stead of being in scruffy London.

Dad now settled in the home for his dementia and mam still being a right royal PITA.

Things are looking up.  :thumbsup:

So MO and JO have been busy the last couple of shifts.

Base painted, Making waves gel added, and the rest of the guns added, and more rigging.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

and the name plate ready for the base

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Well more rigging and some deck fittings added and more work on the base should be just about done by the end of this week (Famous last Words ).

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 8

• 2 months later...

Well my model making time has been at a premium this year but actually managed some time this weekend and calling it done.

RFI to follow soon.

spacer.png

Stay safe

beefy

Edited by beefy66
Info added
  • Like 10

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2022 at 7:37 AM, beefy66 said:

Well my model making time has been at a premium this year but actually managed some time this weekend and calling it done.

RFI to follow soon.

Stay safe

beefy

I am very late to the party- I just stumbled across this terrific build.  Very well done!   I have been eyeing the Atlantic and the Starling kits recently— hence my (belated) interest in your build.

The Gorleston had an interesting history:  She was one of ten US Coast Guard Lake class Cutters transferred to the RN under lend-lease.   USCGC Itasca entered service in 1929, and was the Cutter stationed at Howland Island to serve as a navigation aid for the landfall Amelia Earhart never made.   After the war, she was returned to the USCG, and served until 1950.

At 250 feet LOA, the Lake/Banff class ships would make a great RC model in 1/100 or 1/72 scale……. 

Edited by RC Boater Bill
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...