Another Mk1 Spitfire from Aldi's bargain bin.

Hi All, picked this one up just before Christmas and having spent a few months building the 'Memphis Belle' I just wanted something to bash together. I've built this one a few times so no surprises with the kit.

I used Vallejo acrylics and was disappointed with how fragile they are, every time I removed the masking tape or White Tack it pulled a some paint away even having primed the model. On the plus side it was easy to touch in with a paint brush. Initially, to my eye the colours looked a little dark but I did tone them down with pastels.

Controversially I have stopped dipping the canopies in Pledge/Klear prior to masking, I find I'm getting better results without.

As usual all comments and criticisms are welcome.

spacer.png

spacer.png    

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking.

• Like 37
  • Thanks 1

On 13/02/2022 at 19:36, Andy Dyck said:

That’s a real cracker and a superb display wich would look much better on my desk.😂😂😂😂

please don’t mind and 

Cheers

Andy 

Thank you

On 13/02/2022 at 21:44, Bertie Psmith said:

Oh well done!

Thank you

On 14/02/2022 at 03:53, kapam said:

Very nice!  

I consider it quite a decent kit and your build really elevates it (no pun intended).

Aldi you say?  I must keep an eye out to see if Aldi stores Down-Under ever stock it.

:clap2::clap2:

Thank you

On 14/02/2022 at 04:24, Maginot said:

Nice quickie! Model's good, too. 🤓

Aldi's bargain bin you say? Half your luck. Nearest thing to a scale model I've seen in our Aldi stores was a Märklin train set half a decade ago.

They have sold them in our Aldi's every November/December for the last 3 years. Always the Mk1 Spit, Me 109, Fw 190 and Jet Provost. All starter kits, bargain at £4.99 each.

On 14/02/2022 at 08:15, Classic 315 said:

Very nicely done - and good to see it in flight too!

Thank you

On 14/02/2022 at 12:23, Hairtrigger said:

Great job that...   Like the stand.   I use the clear Airfix ones 1:48 on 1:72 now with magnets ...  I do think aircraft look best displayed in flight.

Thank you

• Like 1

On 14/02/2022 at 13:10, Planes123 said:

Great job!

Thank you

On 14/02/2022 at 13:17, John Laidlaw said:

That is a great result! I think in the end you caught the colours well, and I love the display.

Thank you

On 14/02/2022 at 18:52, bigbadbadge said:

Looks absolutely lovely, got a few of these in the stash and think they are a great kit especially at that Aldi price.  Great work on this.

Chris

Thank you