A quick RAF VC-10 question

Plastic_parts

Hi guys…. Can anyone clarify if the 1/72 mach2  and control VC-10 kits can be built straight from the box as an RAF tanker or transport? I would like to have one of each RAF version and I have both the Mach2 and the old contrail kits. so is having a tanker and a transport a possibility without major Surgery or aftermarket bits and pieces?

mick

Hi Mick

i don’t have the Mach 2 kit but as far as I know it is a C1 and C1K from the box. The nose profile is appalling though!

I don’t know of a Contrail kit - do you mean the Airways vacform? It is the C1 as well.

To build a K2 you would need to cut back the wing leading edge extensions so that it is a straight line from root to tip and modify the wing fences. The engine stub wings are different too but hard to explain without pictures!

There are a few builds of the 2 kits here on BM to check out for more detail.

Cheers

Glen

2 hours ago, Glen said:

H

To build a K2 you would need to cut back the wing leading edge extensions so that it is a straight line from root to tip and modify the wing fences. The engine stub wings are different too but hard to explain without pictures!

EDIT - just checked , the kit is sold as a K2/1101 so will need the wing extension added for the C1 (Effectively doing what Vickers did when they created the C1)

Edited by Dave Fleming

6 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

EDIT - just checked , the kit is sold as a K2/1101 so will need the wing extension added for the C1 (Effectively doing what Vickers did when they created the C1)

The actual plastic is a C1 with the leading edge extensions in place. Mach2 market it wrongly. Their K2 displayed at Telford when it was released definitely had a C1 wing (just checked the picture).

• Like 1