Takom Chieftain Mk 10 Berlin Brigade

After a hiatus of about a year, I finally got around to finishing my Berlin Brigade Chieftain.  I just couldn't face the masking.  I'm not totally happy with the finish so, no, I'm not uploading bigger pictures!

The paint are the Ammo by Mig box set with a light pin wash of thinned oil paint.  I noticed some errors in the Takom guide and went with pictures I could find on-line, and even then I made mistakes.  The front underside should be white and brown but I realised too late.  The construction is nearly identical to my Mk 11, less the TOGS.

I've kept the weathering light as they were kept clean constantly and especially polished twice a year for the Queen's Birthday Parade and the Allied Forces Parade and in-between mostly going backwards and forwards to Ruhleben down the Heer Strasse

y4mQDQHy9sEsJe6pavcLwdvgmTOPUqri8rN2r1bQ

y4mVpVIxzYMwGyYH3Ak4HWtrkwiT2gI_3a4YsjSQ

y4mziDH1_chJhhNGOW5m8AwvQV-_A5-6KMXee9S7

y4m35C5m2jxXWXGewXWtQh5r8qZDIvIotOR7wsb4

y4mEhH-eGVUEwIYauPBhhnOmO7PfqSA4VADJGEPI

Bill

• Like 36

2 hours ago, Big_Bad_Bill said:

It's when you zoom in on pictures that the mistakes scream out

Only because the camera is a cruel mistress. It looks pretty darn good to me.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NIK122 said:

It looks great. 100% for effort on the paint scheme. I've seen this built on 'Greg's models' on YouTube and the work that goes into all the masking is phenomenal. I think you have done it justice 

Thanks.  The masking was a complete pain in the backside.  It's the reason it sat on the shelf for so long.  It did all over white, masked the white areas, did the grey and then masked the white and grey for the brown.  I also left all the subassemblies off and did them separately.

It does look good in my display case though.

• Like 1

Any Berlin Brigade paint job is going to be a PITA to mask, but that said, it hasn't stopped you producing a fine model. I've got the same kit and the same paint set to do this one, when I can work up the courage to start it. Nice work.

John.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Even zoomed in it looks good to me. I am a long way off even attempting that camo pattern. 

That's why the small pictures .....

Thanks.  I cannot lie, it did drive me to distraction. This and a 1/72 lanc canopy I just cannot face.

• Sad 1

You've done a great job on that. I deliberately chose another boxing when I got my Takon Chiefie!

There's an unwritten law in modelling that says "Mistakes will only be apparent after posting!"

Pete

• Thanks 1