Recommendations for 1/32 WWII seatbelts ?

100SQN

If you are thinking of an open cockpit or a removable / not glued down main canopy, then there is only 1 choice: HGW.

and it’s not even close btw.

the Quinta / Red Fox efforts which come as part of their sets are ok for ‘behind glass’, but not a patch on HGW.

likewise PE belts are ok for behind glass, but are just not even close to what you can do with a HGW belt

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Warboy said:

HGW laser cut harness with photo etch.

RB Production harness....if you can still get ....as the company has closed.

And lastly some 3D printers like Quintas, Reskit, Kitsworld..

I'll second that, HGW and RB productions, if you can find the latter, they are the best.

Cheers

Dennis

• Thanks 1

I mostly use HGW belts as well ones from a Japanese company called Feeling/Wako.  

In either case, it helps to thread the belts through the various buckles while they're still attached to the fret. 

IMG_20160422_232858-600x450.jpg

This way, you're less likely to lose the buckle. Feeling sets up their frets with this in mind and show it on their instructions.

The only PE belts that I've gotten a satisfactory result from are the ones included with Aires cockpits. The belts need to be annealed and then they could be draped accordingly.

Carl

• Thanks 1

Construction tip in addition to the above: use Tamiya thin masking tape (or similar) to hold down the belts / sub assemblies when you need a third or fourth pair of hands

makes them much easier

i have used CA glue and also AK / Ammo (I forget which) PVA type glue for sticking the belt bits to each other 

crumpling them before a little will help on realism; too much and makes construction / threading them through buckles a bit tricky

you should also consider painting the reverse (sadly they are not coloured both sides) so you can drape them ‘randomly dangled’ or even draped over the cockpit side and onto the fuselage 

hth

Nick

• Thanks 1