Hawk ZG200 colours?

David Womby

I know at one stage she was all black and at another time she was two shades of grey.   Can anyone confirm the greys?  The MatchBox instructions say DSG over MSG undersides but the pics on the web look paler that that.   More like MSG over LAG in some.  I know pics can be misleading so I thought I'd ask here.  Thanks.

David (PS - Yes, I also know I need to do some work accurizing the kit a bit - especailly the nose)

9 hours ago, David Womby said:

I know pics can be misleading

You are not wrong Dave, I took a picture of a red fire door we installed and took two pictures for the gaffer from two positions only a couple of paces apart and you would think it was a different door, the change in colour tone and depth was very noticeable.

No help to you but I go with what looks right to me as I am the critic I listen to most, much to my wives consternation..😃

4 hours ago, Bedders said:

David,

I've got the Combat Decals Hawk Demonstrators sheet which includes ZG200 and also quotes Dark Sea Grey over Medium Sea Grey. Looking at photos that seems about right to me.

Justin

Thanks.   Nice to have a second source that says the same

David

3 hours ago, Head in the clouds. said:

You are not wrong Dave, I took a picture of a red fire door we installed and took two pictures for the gaffer from two positions only a couple of paces apart and you would think it was a different door, the change in colour tone and depth was very noticeable.

No help to you but I go with what looks right to me as I am the critic I listen to most, much to my wives consternation..😃

Yes, photos can be so misleading -and BW are worst.   Unfortunately, being very red/green colourblind, makes it dodgy relying on my perception when looking at the colour of almost  anything.

David

2 minutes ago, Head in the clouds. said:

Apologies Dave, I should not be so presumptuous.

No apology expected or needed.   I have a friend who had to warn me that RAF Desert Pink was not to be taken literally 😉

David

• Haha 1

Just now, canberra kid said:

I'd go, Dark Sea Grey, Medium Sea Grey.

ut8eQz.jpg

John

Ok.  Enough votes have convinced me but I may do the black scheme!   I haven't decided yet.   

John, that photo is intriguing.  Is that load AIM9, AIM9, tank, AIM9, AIM9?

Davif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, canberra kid said:

@David Womby David it does look a wee bit ambitious, two more schemes to consider?

John

Sorry but no thanks, John.  Those are pics of ZH200 and it would need me to make changes to the wing fences and vortex generators as well as adding the  fin RWR and box over the exhaust.   I have enough to do correcting the shape of the MBox nose.

David

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, David Womby said:

Sorry but no thanks, John.  Those are pics of ZH200 and it would need me to make changes to the wing fences and vortex generators as well as adding the  fin RWR and box over the exhaust.   I have enough to do correcting the shape of the MBox nose.

David

Sorry David, you're colour blind,  I word blind, I hadn't spotted it was a diferant aircraft. 😊

John

41 minutes ago, canberra kid said:

Sorry David, you're colour blind,  I word blind, I hadn't spotted it was a diferant aircraft. 😊

John

My turn to apologize, John.  Your first pic sent me searching and it seems ZH200 first appeared with the original wing config and no RWR or box.   So that IS an option.   See here   https://www.flickr.com/photos/126268375@N08/14712514619 

David