Zvezda 1/72 RAF C-130J-30

Simply beautiful. Great work on the weathered paint finish which looks very realistic.  

Thanks for sharing, you must be very pleased with the end result. 

Mark

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bianfuxia said:

Looks awesome!

I just got this kit. I will do the RAAF version. What's the issue with the wheels?

There isn't really any issue, the Eduard ones have flat spots moulded while the kit ones don't. 

• Like 1

Great Work Stephen,

I am looking forward to cross-kitting this one with the first Zvedza release to reproduce the C Mk.3, a type I spent many hours flying in during a 'previous life'. That will leave me with a 'short-wheel base' C-130J to do in one of those RAF specials. Anyway, a great job....love the weathering........just right and really sets off the potentially monotone appearance of the original scheme.

Well Done, Sir !   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not a fan of the 'super' Herks, but that is one beautifully detailed and painted model! :like: I think @tonyot's favorite view is the underside, as IIRC, he used to jump out of them! :giggle:

Mike

Edited by 72modeler
corrected spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Tiger331 said:

Great Work Stephen,

I am looking forward to cross-kitting this one with the first Zvedza release to reproduce the C Mk.3, a type I spent many hours flying in during a 'previous life'. That will leave me with a 'short-wheel base' C-130J to do in one of those RAF specials. Anyway, a great job....love the weathering........just right and really sets off the potentially monotone appearance of the original scheme.

Well Done, Sir !   

I`m planning to do exactly the same!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, milli21 said:

The colours and weathering look spot on to me.

Do you mind me asking what paints and colours you used?

Thanks, 

The main colour is Tamiya XF-81 RAF Dark Green , I lightened it with XF-2 Flat White to varying degrees. The dark green areas were sprayed straight from the bottle. I masked and painted the red walkways then over sprayed them with lightened green to make it look as if they were worn away. I sprayed several coats of XF-86 then added some X-21 flat and sprayed some areas such as the walkways to  exhibit wear.

• Thanks 1