AN/ALE-39 Colour?

LooseSeal

Hey guys,

Bit of a specific question - for the life of me I cannot find a photo of an AN/ALE-39 flare/chaff dispenser when it is fully loaded. I'm working on the Academy AH-1Z and just not sure what colour to do the 'holes' where the cartridges are placed.

I've seen one kit built which coloured the holes in a reddish/orange. But I haven't seen any evidence of this for the AN/ALE-39. I don't really want to paint them that colour if it's totally wrong, although it would be nice as it adds a bit of contrast to the general grey-ness.

Anyone know what colour they would be? The flares in particular, not so concerned with chaff cartridge colours.

This is the current state of play, complete with empty 'holes' so you can see what I mean:

werc3UH.jpg

Thanks Jari!

Although this is now interesting because someone on another forum linked me the following:

QmUcXvF.jpg

I'm starting to think there are different variants, each with different colours. I'm also wondering if 'blue' might mean 'training' in some sense, as other weapons are marked blue when inert or for training purposes.

So, I now have photos of white, blue, metallic, and potentially a red. Haha.