Gulfwar Tornado - Garfield "Flying High"

Julien

Hi,

Does anyone do decals for this Tornado ZA463 ?

Just need the Nose art, I photographed this aircraft just after the Gulf War and would like to model it using new 1.72 Dessert Babes kit.

Thx

Julien

17 minutes ago, Julien said:

If I can remember it turned out into a fairly good day in the end. Last time I ended up going to Leuchars tho :( 

A typical Leuchars airshow, temp eventually probably got into double figures and that counted as a good day 😂  My abiding memories of Leuchars shows (went to a few, used to live there) were crappy weather - that's Scotland in September for you!

Al.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2022 at 7:56 AM, Steve Coombs said:

Bingo! Xtradecal X024-72 has it, and I have it in the stash.

Pm me and I'll send the markings to you.

I can't find them on Hannants, do you have a link by any chance?

They may, of course, be OOP.

Rick.

54 minutes ago, Rick Brown said:

I can't find them on Hannants, do you have a link by any chance?

They may, of course, be OOP.

Rick.

Hi Rick, unfortunately, the decals are long OOP. They must be the best part of 30 years old! I've kept mine carefully in my decal library and they're still in good condition.
I hope Air-Graphics does a large print run with the planned Granby sheet.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bozothenutter said:

But now more seriously...

In 1/48.....Revell GR.1/IDS (does the GR.4 have GR.1 bits) and the decals? (Which will now vanish as soon as I look for them)

I think that the Revell GR4 kit has all the parts for the GR1. Apart from the possibility that the Instrument panel maybe for a GR4, as I am not a Tornado expert I do not know. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jabba said:

I think that the Revell GR4 kit has all the parts for the GR1. Apart from the possibility that the Instrument panel maybe for a GR4, as I am not a Tornado expert I do not know. 

There is some difference between the two - compare and contrast GR1 instrument panels and what's in the kit (assuming Eduard's research is up to scratch). The GR1's pilot instrument panel has a circular display in the middle, whereas the GR4 equivalent is square, for starters.

• Thanks 1