Tempest V

Hello all. Now the February edition of AMW has finished selling, I can show you some shots of my Revell 1/32 Tempest built for that publication. It was a struggle of a kit, very little fitting properly, and made more awkward by the editor's instruction to include the exposed fuel/oil tanks ahead of the cockpit. That took a lot more surgery than you'd believe! Lots of resin and photoetched bits went into this, and the final result was done up as a 501 Squadron machine, which was my Dad's old unit. So, here is G for Gordon:

tempest2fixedweb.jpg?width=1920&height=1

tempest3fixedweb.jpg?width=1920&height=1

tempest4fixedweb.jpg?width=1920&height=1

tempestfixed1web.jpg?width=1920&height=1

tempest7web.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&f

tempest5web.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&f

tempest6web.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&f

tempest8web.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&f

tempest9web.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&f

Onwards and upwards,

Dean

• Like 43
  • Thanks 2

On 2/11/2022 at 7:38 AM, Alan P said:

Lovely build Dean 👏👏👏

I thought the kit fit together very well, shows what kind of clunkers I must have been building beforehand 😂

Alan

I thought it was a struggle. The wheel wells pushed the fuselage out too far and gave the wings anhedral unless corrected. The wing was supposed to be interchangeable between marks, so had a lot of ill fitting panels to be added- there were four of these, for instance:

photo15_copy.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&

17 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

I haven't seen an old school paint job like that in a magazine for ages. It fair takes me back. 🙂

Does the kit go together well?

Pip pip, Bertie old cork...see the answer above.

23 hours ago, Jochen Barett said:

+ bonus points for the photography!

Thanks, I do try to make the effort... 🙂

On 2/11/2022 at 10:03 AM, Maginot said:

Good job. Very effective pics on the airfield. I wonder why the editor only went for the exposed oil and fuel tank?

Apparently the exposed tanks were supposed to be used in conjunction with the exposed engine set. The editor told me that they had the resin engine in the office somewhere, but couldn't find it until after I'd built the model without it...

To everyone else who commented, thanks folks. 🙂

Dean

• Like 1

That's superb, with the first few pictures I almost thought "where's the models then" very effective. Great finish as well, especially if the kit was troublesome, you wouldn't know it from the finished article.

Nice result, one of my all time favourite subjects and that looks just the job, I do have the SH one in the stash and will build it one day, at the moment my recently built PCM Tempest will have to fill the gap in the display cabinet.

Cheers

Dennis