Reacher on Prime - just watched the first episode and I'm a happy chap

Mark Harmsworth

Now that is what Reacher should be like. Tom Cruise in the two films just wasn't believable but Alan Ritchson's character seems to be pretty much the embodiment of Lee Child's creation.

Now we (my wife loved it too) are trying really hard to not binge watch all the episodes.

Very happy to see that Series 2 has already been approved.

• Like 1

I actually think Cruise nailed some of Reachers character quire well, especially his intelligence.

I caught the first ep last night and enjoyed it, despite thinking Richson’s Reacher a little too talkative and pretty. Reacher in the books is quite “weathered” as a mate put it. I’m looking forward to watching the rest of the series though 

• 3 weeks later...

I read most of the Jack Reacher books years ago and was stunned when they made the films with Tom Cruise as Reacher.  Alan Richardson fits the profile much better and I enjoyed watching the new series on Prime, based on the 1997 Lee Child book "Killing Floor"  They've just glossed it up a bit for TV and made Reacher a bit more chatty. (I was always concerned about Reacher walking for miles and doing hard physical work in hot, humid climates and only having a toothbrush, no toothpaste or deodorant)

I watched it the other day and enjoyed it.  I found his silence for the first segment of the first episode  a bit overly-dramatic, but after that he was fine.  I think maybe one of the problems with a taciturn hero is that it works a lot better in print, but on TV or screen, not so much, as unless you use those toe-curling internal monologue devices (think 1980s Dune), it has to be at least clear what's going on.  I didn't find him too verbose myself, as I knew he was a quiet man beforehand even though I've not read the books.  My reading queue gets longer every month. :sad:

• 2 weeks later...

I really liked it, binged watched in a day. 

Lead actor went to the same school of acting as Arnold Schwarzenegger but looking forward to series 2.

Graham