1/48 SR-71 Testors

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngGreetings to all!
This is my work of mid-2021 - Lockheed - SR-71 is a legendary aircraft that was ahead of its time! The model of the company Tests in the assembly is not at all simple, it took a lot of time and putty. The embroidery is cut, the rivet is rolled. Everything is painted with Hansa 1200 primer, Hansa (nitro) and Tamiya (acrylic) paints.
Used additional details:
- grilles, nozzles, chassis and niches, VZ cones from MD (Ukraine);
- True Detail cabin (USA);
- decal of the company Caracal-Cartographer;
- LDPE (Master Model) (Poland).
All additional details are of very high quality!
I made the vertical rudders movable (now they are fixed in three positions). Wire wiring has been added to the chassis, the cylinder rods of the drives of the main racks have been replaced with metal. I made the cameras based on the motives (it was too late for me to get their photos). Despite all the difficulties, I enjoyed working with the model and the plane is very beautiful.
Now a new model of this aircraft from the Revell company has been released, I will probably buy it too to build and compare it.
Thanks for your attention!

• Like 60
  • Thanks 4

When I see a post with this many photographs, I usually only look at the first 4. This one had me looking at all of them and still wanting more. It's brilliant.

All the reviews of the new Revell kit made me think that the Testors SR-71 was awful. You prove that it can be beautiful - in the right hands. Well done.

• Like 3

Ho-lee poop! That must have cost an absolute fortune in time and money to look that good :gobsmacked: not a fan of the white panel wash, but can't argue with the quality of the build.

Really superb work, congratulations for achieving such a result from what is a very old and challenging kit :clap:

• Like 2