Hasegawa 1/48 F/A-18F Super Hornet , VX-23 ,"Salty Dog 223" .

Stephen

I haven't been in a group build for a while so I thought I'd join this one. My build is going to be the Hasegawa 1/48 F/A-18F Super Hornet in the markings of test squadron VX-23 based at NAS Patuxtent River ,Maryland. 

This was a 2017 release and according to Scalemates the latest one.  It has the modified upper fuselage top with the "bard stack" ECS vents on it.

20220209_095706

I'm going to use the decals from Fightertown Decals "Combined Test Force" sheet.

20220209_100011

For aftermarket I'm going to use Wolfpack Designs SJU-17 NACES ejection seats and the A/A42R-1 refuelling pod as I'm going to build it in the tanker configuration with four external tanks and the pod. 

20220209_095746

The wingtip missile rails will be replaced with items from Flying Leathernecks

20220209_095816

Finally, I'm going to use scratchbuilt intake covers which you can get away with on land based NAVAIR aircraft. 

• Like 7

That canopy looks amazing! One part of modelling i hate more than anything is canopies. I just can't get them right and dread doing them. One of the reasons I got into shipbuilding 😔

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You don't hang about Stephen! Looks very nice, a cool blue against the grey. 

I used MRP paints for my last Hornet, I'm going to try Gunze Mr Color this time around and see what the difference is.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...