Another Canadian Here!

ErikT

Greetings, all!  I've been lurking on the site for a while, picking up tips and tricks from everyone, and finally decided to start a profile so I can start sharing my own stuff with people who share my interests.  A few facts about myself:

Family:  Wife, 4 cloven-hooved offspring, 3 dogs, possibly some other vermin in the garage that I haven't caught yet.

Location:  Alberta, Canada.  Yes, it's very cold in the winter, and lots of mosquitoes in the summer.  Not quite sure why I live here, to be honest...

Profession:  Police Officer (Forensics).  Don't be fooled, though; I'm actually a pretty nice guy.  Don't ask my wife.

Interests:  I started out with aircraft, but have started branching out into armour and ships.  Lately I've been enjoying the challenge of water bases for some of my projects.  I especially love all things Canadian and Commonwealth, from WW2 to modern.

• Like 6

:welcome:from England.
Like you, I used to build aircraft and AFV’s, then I started building ships, and that’s all I do now.

Be wary, ships can take over your life.

I’ve also just started trying to make sea bases, that actually look like water. It’s going to take a while. :whistle:

Jon

Hey! How's it goin'? 

About where on The Backside of Beyond are you? I'm up in Fort Mac. I've been here for almost 42 years now ( retired from my oilsand extraction plant job ).

Chris

Hello Erik … :post1: from the city of Chicago, Ive had a varied career but currently medically retired myself. Im mostly into military aircraft but do build the odd piece of armor. I would love to get into ships but space and cost are stopping me. 

Dennis

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!  For those wondering, I'm from the Edmonton area, specifically Beaumont.  And I have to agree that ship modelling consumes your time, money, and living space.  I'm running out of places to display the darned things already...

• Like 2

Hi and welcome along. I dont know if you will be interested but I just started to build a Hawker Seafury by a company called Pioneer 2. Ive decided to do it in a Royal Canadian Navy colour scheme. Its only a small build but its one way of getting back into the hobby and learning as I am going along. Anyway Ill leave you to get familiar to the site.

Hope you enjoy your time here. :thumbsup:

Keith

• Like 1