Are there any 1:35/1:32 scale British service helicopter kits out there? - available to buy in UK.

bootneck

I have taken up building 1:35 scale British service vehicles, mainly Land Rovers, and they would look good alongside a 1:35 or perhaps even 1:32 scale helicopter model.  I have Googled but only found a Huey.  Anyone know of any 1:35 scale kits of helicopters in British service and which are still available to purchase here in UK?

Some ideas that I have are for:  Bell 47 Sioux,  Westland Scout/Wasp,  Gazelle, Lynx or maybe a Sea King.

cheers
mike

Edited by bootneck
including 1:32 scale, plus available in UK.

If you're happy to go 1:32 there are the nice Revell Lynx HAS.3 / HMA.8 kits.

There is also the Matchbox / Revell 1:32 Puma, which I quite like but is harder to find.

I know these don't quite match the vehicle and armour scale. though.

Edit,

Icelandic Fine Art were in the process of doing a 32nd Sea King, unsure if it happened or not.

Edited by 71chally
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 71chally said:

If you're happy to go 1:32 there are the nice Revell Lynx HAS.3 / HMA.8 kits.

There is also the Matchbox / Revell 1:32 Puma, which I quite like but is harder to find.

Hello James,  yes, I should open the choice to 1:32 scale.  A Lynx HAS.3 could be ideal but I've Googled and think they are part of history now.

10 minutes ago, silverkite211 said:

Revell's H-13 is 1/35 scale.

That could look good with a Land Rover alongside, especially an early series II Landy.  Again, none seem to be available in UK.

Thanks,

Mike

• bootneck changed the title to Are there any 1:35/1:32 scale British service helicopter kits out there? - available to buy in UK.
1 hour ago, Daedalus72 said:

If you are up for a challenge, there are the Fly 1/32 Wessex

That would be a fine model to place on a diorama but that price tag is a bit hefty for me.

cheers,

Mike

Thanks to @bentwaters81tfw I have a Bell 47 whirling its way to me. :worthy: Can anyone advise of any other 1:32 / 1:35 helicopters, in British service, that is still in production and might be still available in the marketplace?

cheers,

Mike

** after posting I realized it was in Cold War section, darn this EC is definately not a cold war one.... 🙈**

The 1/32 EC-135 the colors of Defence Helicopter School could be an option. You'll need the Revell kit and some aftermarket decals. I guess that would look OK next to a Land Rover.

spacer.png

© Flickr.com Sam Pedley

Cheers Evert

Edited by Flyingdutchman
comment
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ha ha!  at least you made the effort to find a subject which is available Evert.  Who knows, that impressive looking finish could inspire me to do that later, thank you.  The main reason I am asking about Cold War is that the Landrover kits that I've bought are series II and series III; whereas that would likely have Defenders in any diorama.

I have also been searching around, and now realise that I seem to be too late on the scene for what I want.   I'd really like to get a Lynx AH.1 - AH.7 type of helicopter; however, my understanding is that would only be achievable by converting a Lynx HAS.3 kit, but, again, out of production.  Has anyone done such a conversion?

Herewith my reason for a 1:32/1:35 Lynx AH:  3BAS RM on Helarm

spacer.png

3BAS RM at Lillehammer, Norway.  Some may recognise the area from a certain film?

spacer.png

cheers,

Mike

• Like 2

On 2/8/2022 at 5:54 PM, bootneck said:

my understanding is that would only be achievable by converting a Lynx HAS.3 kit, but, again, out of production.  Has anyone done such a conversion?

Lynx 7 did a conversion using the Revell kit. The build is here and the RFI is here.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Julien said:

Acurate Armour do a 1.35 Lynx, but from what I have seen its not worth buying,

Good or mediocre, that price tag is just way out of my reach.  If it is below par then perhaps someone who has one might try to dispose of it for a more affordable price to me?  If I could just get an airframe (I'm rubbish at scratchbuilding those) then I could scratchbuild and modify the rest.

2 hours ago, Nigel Bunker said:

Lynx 7 did a conversion using the Revell kit. The build is here and the RFI is here.

I had completely forgotten Tony's absolutely fantastic Lynx conversion back in 2013, yet I followed along avidly throughout is work.  Thank you for the reminder and the link, which I have corrected (from Britmodeller.net to Britmodeller.com).  If that doesn't work then the link is also HERE

1 hour ago, perdu said:

...If only normal humans could make helicopters like Lynx7 huh

If we could all do that then we wouldn't hold modellers like Lynx7 in such great esteem.  :worthy:

Thanks again to all,

Mike

13 hours ago, bootneck said:

I had completely forgotten Tony's absolutely fantastic Lynx conversion back in 2013, yet I followed along avidly throughout is work.  Thank you for the reminder and the link, which I have corrected (from Britmodeller.net to Britmodeller.com).  If that doesn't work then the link is also HERE

That conversion was based on the Lynx Mk.88 kit, Kingkit show 10 of those in stock.