Hello from Liverpool.

johnteddy

I,ve just joined with my 11 year old son Ted. Been restoring and painting  subbuteo figures past 12 months, ( too tight to pay  the big money for  rarer teams).  We've both just started our first Airfix Model.(1/72 spitfire starter kit) Looking forward to doing some more and will probably need a lot of advice as we progress. First time with acrylics infact new to the whole process. Im 55 and Teds 11. Cheers all, have a great Day, John .

• Like 3

Welcome aboard John (and Ted). Ask away with any questions that you may have. Have a look around the site before you do so that you ask in the right section. There are plenty on here who will help with whatever you need to know. But above all, have fun. Both of you.

John.

• Like 1

Just now, Bullbasket said:

Welcome aboard John (and Ted). Ask away with any questions that you may have. Have a look around the site before you do so that you ask in the right section. There are plenty on here who will help with whatever you need to know. But above all, have fun. Both of you.

John.

Thanks John. appreciate the welcome. John.

• Like 1

Gidday John and Ted, welcome aboard from West Oz. I think my son was 10 or 11 when we built our first model together,  P-40 Kittihawk if I recall. That was about 20 years ago. I'm into ships now but there's a great many here doing aircraft, collectively have a wealth of knowledge and are very free with advice. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday John and Ted, welcome aboard from West Oz. I think my son was 10 or 11 when we built our first model together,  P-40 Kittihawk if I recall. That was about 20 years ago. I'm into ships now but there's a great many here doing aircraft, collectively have a wealth of knowledge and are very free with advice. Regards, Jeff.

Hi Jeff. Thanks for the welcome and Gidday to you mate.  Cheers John.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard John and Ted!

Nice little kit to start on, I have a couple in my stash.

Just built a couple of Titanic models with my son.  I say with… He watched more than helped but he’s still very young but has a creative mind which I’m happy to foster.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BluesModeller said:

Welcome aboard John and Ted!

Nice little kit to start on, I have a couple in my stash.

Just built a couple of Titanic models with my son.  I say with… He watched more than helped but he’s still very young but has a creative mind which I’m happy to foster.

Hi Mate. Thanks for the welcome... Been a keen guitarist for many years but cant really find the time or space at home at the moment. (not a gigging guitarist). A wardrobe contains my amps and pedals etc at the moment unfortunately. Cheers  John. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello johnteddy … :post1: from across the pond in Chicago USA. Im mostly aircraft myself, interwar through modern types. 

Dennis

Hi Dennis, Thank you for the welcome mate. Have a great day. Cheers John. 

• Like 1

Hi and welcome along. I hope you and the lad enjoy your time here.  Subbuteo, that brings back memoirs of the child hood. I had a bash at collecting all the world cup teams at one time. I am mostly into WW 2 1/72 aircraft. I am learning new ways in the art of using any airbrush and using different things to put through it. Hope you and Ted have a great time on the site. 

Cheers Keith

On 2/10/2022 at 9:46 AM, Valleyforge said:

Hi and welcome along. I hope you and the lad enjoy your time here.  Subbuteo, that brings back memoirs of the child hood. I had a bash at collecting all the world cup teams at one time. I am mostly into WW 2 1/72 aircraft. I am learning new ways in the art of using any airbrush and using different things to put through it. Hope you and Ted have a great time on the site. 

Cheers Keith

Thanks Keith mate. Much appreciate your welcome. Cheers John./Ted. 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PAUL67 said:

Welcome John/Ted your in the right place to learn …..looking forward to seeing your Spitfire

Paul

Thanks mate. Havent got to grips with posting pics ( havent managed any on the guitar forums ive been on for years.). I can do email though.  Lol. Thanks for the welcome mate. Cheers John/Ted.