Nobbly Bobbly! The Mi-24v “HIND” 1/48 by Zvezda RFI

• 3 weeks later...

As others have said, this is an exception piece of work! 👏👏👏👏

I have one hiding away that I will get to build at some point, although the current situation will make sourcing those clearly needed rivets something of a challenge I suspect. I have marked both threads to refer back to and hope I can get somewhere near this standard! Did you refer back to the book often, or did you find it unnecessary?

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
On 09/03/2022 at 12:56, Rob Maynard said:

As others have said, this is an exception piece of work! 👏👏👏👏

I have one hiding away that I will get to build at some point, although the current situation will make sourcing those clearly needed rivets something of a challenge I suspect. I have marked both threads to refer back to and hope I can get somewhere near this standard! Did you refer back to the book often, or did you find it unnecessary?

Thanks every one too kind. 
@Rob Maynard sorry for the super late reply, I didn’t see this post so my apologies. Good luck with the build, it’s a lovely kit even without the rivets but they do add a lot. As for the book, yes I used it a lot. Tonnes of great interior and exterior shots. 

hope my threads help you with your builds.

Johnny. 😇

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/09/2022 at 07:13, The Spadgent said:

Thanks every one too kind. 
@Rob Maynard sorry for the super late reply, I didn’t see this post so my apologies. Good luck with the build, it’s a lovely kit even without the rivets but they do add a lot. As for the book, yes I used it a lot. Tonnes of great interior and exterior shots. 

hope my threads help you with your builds.

Johnny. 😇

Hi Johnny

No problem, we all get too busy with life to spend enough time with our models! :D

A question regarding the book, do you fancy selling it now you have finished the build? :D :D It  appears to be a difficult tome to get hold of!

• Like 1

On 25/09/2022 at 07:31, stevej60 said:

Mean looking beast Johnny,great modelling.

thank you so much. too kind. 🥰

On 25/09/2022 at 10:33, woody37 said:

Must have missed this first-time round, quite a corker! 

Lovely weathering to add to its brutish looks

Thank me mon. Far too kind. 😀

11 hours ago, Rob Maynard said:

Hi Johnny

No problem, we all get too busy with life to spend enough time with our models! :D

A question regarding the book, do you fancy selling it now you have finished the build? :D :D It  appears to be a difficult tome to get hold of!

I think I’m going to keep it as I might build another but I just checked an auction site and it’s on there for a tenner. I’ll send you a link. 

Johnny

• Like 1