***finished***Pk-408 Canberra pr9 in a revell box

Lord knows why I put in the bid given Iwanted a B8 but I did an no one else joined me, so I guess I’ll have to build it in this. Built it for the first Matchbox Gb rushed that build a bit so hopefully will do a better job this time. Thinking of doing it as the Chilean one from the airfix kit 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

The luck's on your side Stu, a nice win there. I'm sure a B8 will pop up one day, however Canberra's are always fun so we'll look forward to another PR.9 being build here. The Chilean colours will be doubly good too. 

Cheers and best of luck.. Dave 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

The luck's on your side Stu, a nice win there. I'm sure a B8 will pop up one day, however Canberra's are always fun so we'll look forward to another PR.9 being build here. The Chilean colours will be doubly good too. 

Cheers and best of luck.. Dave 

I’m high bidder on a novo one, way my lucks going I’ll win it as well. Anyway just unboxed the Canberra and about to take it to the shed for priming 

• Like 3

Great stuff Stu

Its always strange how some items are bid to levels way above their true value, and others are completely ignored allowed the occasional bargain.

Best of luck with this one, I'm not familiar with the Chilean version either so look forward to seeing it.

cheers Pat

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Great stuff Stu

Its always strange how some items are bid to levels way above their true value, and others are completely ignored allowed the occasional bargain.

Best of luck with this one, I'm not familiar with the Chilean version either so look forward to seeing it.

cheers Pat

Three PR. 9s were supplied to Chile around 1982, XH166, '167 and '173.  All were in the then-standard RAF camouflage of Dark Green, Dark Sea Grey and Medium Sea Grey.  The only changes were to delete the RAF national insignia and replace them with those of Chile and to replace the serials with 341, 342 and 343 respectively.  There may have been removal of some electronics if they were deemed sufficiently politiically/militarily sensitive, hopefully @canberra kid can clarify.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, stever219 said:

Three PR. 9s were supplied to Chile around 1982, XH166, '167 and '173.  All were in the then-standard RAF camouflage of Dark Green, Dark Sea Grey and Medium Sea Grey.  The only changes were to delete the RAF national insignia and replace them with those of Chile and to replace the serials with 341, 342 and 343 respectively.  There may have been removal of some electronics if they were deemed sufficiently politiically/militarily sensitive, hopefully @canberra kid can clarify.

The three PR.9's sent to Chile were identical to the RAF PR.9's operated by the RAF at the time including the RWR, it was a bit of a bone of contention that three very serviceable Recon assists were wasted in such a way just to 'thank' the less than democratic Junta, 3 PR.7's would have done the job just as well, and with the draw down of 13 Sqn at the same time there was no shortage. 

John

Edited by canberra kid
Added an A
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Great stuff Stu

cheers Pat

Yep, got it for a decent price, less than both of the lightnings. Anyway it’s all primed and actually thinking I might go for NMF that I tried and failed last time and hope a kind sole has the decals spare as readied probably have to do some hacking and scratching. 

18 hours ago, 71chally said:

Don't forget that PR.9s were painted silver, not NMF, so even easier to paint as a model.

I don’t paint either different but correction noted. Also looks like someone has listed the matchbox decals in a bulk auction so I’ve put it a bid, hopefully I’ll win the lot. Also some good news, didn’t win the Novo Canberra so least don’t have that looming over my head.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

I don’t paint either different but correction noted. Also looks like someone has listed the matchbox decals in a bulk auction so I’ve put it a bid, hopefully I’ll win the lot. Also some good news, didn’t win the Novo Canberra so least don’t have that looming over my head.

If you need or want the Matchbox sheet I think I have a few spares. Why didn't you want the B(I)8?

John 

2 hours ago, canberra kid said:

If you need or want the Matchbox sheet I think I have a few spares. Why didn't you want the B(I)8?

John 

Build pile and this month purchases beginning to look a bit too large, if I don’t win the decals I’ll certainly take you up on a spare sheet. Cheers 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Stu 

Have you had a chance to do any more on this since we last heard from you ?

Cheers Pat

Nope, victors sapping attention and I’m really close to just launching it at the wall and switching to the airfix one, already broken a wing in anger EDIT I’ve binned it

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

making me want to start mine now, but must resist  already got too much on.

You’ve just highlighted the biggest danger of looking through these build threads… my stash has increased quite considerably since this GB began :unsure:

• Haha 5

On 4/21/2022 at 3:49 PM, Galligraphics said:

You’ve just highlighted the biggest danger of looking through these build threads… my stash has increased quite considerably since this GB began :unsure:

Yes, they tend to have this effect don’t they? These Classic kit GB’s do nothing for stash reduction, but I’m glad to hear I’m not the only sucker out there! In the last 3-4 years we’ve had Frog, Airfix, Heller and Matchbox classic kit GB’s where I’ve probably added about 15 additional kits per manufacturer! Throw in a good spate of new tool Airfix red boxes and the stash is getting way outta hand pretty fast! 

Oh… Nice Canberra Stu, might I add a good Silver spray can like Tamiya’s AS-12 Airframe  Silver is always a good option for an overall Silver kit as large as the Canberra. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Spent a few days away from modelling aside from a little bit of repair work to spring clean and have a sort out, had hit bit of a wall in terms of mojo and realising I don't have unlimited space so a few old builds gone, planned ones removed from the intention and indeed a few paused ones converted into spares box fodder, but was able to do some sanding this afternoon to finish the canopy off so now can sort the underside out. 755-C778-C-2-D78-4-F08-812-E-4-E427-A26-

• Like 5

I hear you on the mojo front Stu, it happens to all of us especially when you least expect it. This Canberra does look good and deserves to be finished off. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2