Dh Chipmunk T.10 RNAS Yeovilton RN Historic Flight

Hi all

I have been doing this one  the wonderful Airfix 48th kit.  This was built OOB apart from tge addition of the Kitsworld 3D Seat belt and IP decals.  They were glued in as could not get them to adhere as decals.  The IPs were painted black around the instruments.  

The locating tabs were removed from ghe wings to stop the curve appearing.  I had a bit of fun with the sliding part of the canopy but it was okay in the end.  

The model was brush painted using my ho to Humbrol enamels.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Canopy guide slot painted in

spacer.png

I have really enjoyed this kit congratulations to Airfix on another superb model.

Thanks for the support and encouragement throughout the build and thanks to Andy Dyck for the photo backgrounds .

Thanks for looking in 

Chris

• Like 63
  • Thanks 3

Another superb build to add to your collection Chris and another masterclass in the art of brush painting. Brilliant mate I really enjoy viewing your work....more please 😉👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Another superb build to add to your collection Chris and another masterclass in the art of brush painting. Brilliant mate I really enjoy viewing your work....more please 😉👍

Thanks Andy  really kind of you to say that, more will be on the way  have got a Tiggie lined up next on my FAA thread.

2 minutes ago, dnl42 said:

Very nicely built, and amazing finish! :worthy:

Thanks dnl42 really kind of you too  it's a pleasure to build.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Great looking model Chippie, Navy versions make a nice change from RAF versions.

Colin

Thanks Colin, I have wanted to do a Navy one for ages and  thanks to Airfix was able to complete one, it's a nice scheme too.

1 hour ago, gazza l said:

Really nice Chippie, excellent paint brush work, I find it hard enough to achieve a finish like that with a airbrush!

gazza l

Thanks Gazza, if you put an airbrush in front of me I would probably  make a huge mess!!!

13 minutes ago, Ray S said:

That is a brilliant result Chris, and to think it is brush-painted too!

Ray

Thanks Ray, pleased with the way it's come out and is a great kit.

7 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Lovely Chris, just lovely - nothing else! :)

Keith

Thanks Keith, very kind fella, Ican definitely recommend this kit to you fella:whistle:

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow, what a terrific build and finish. Your brush painting skills make me envious, as does also the fantastic diorama photography.  What's not to like?!

Mark

• Thanks 1

Absolutely fantastic looking Chippie Chris, and once again that stunning brush painted finish of yours. I just don't know how you get such good results. Hat off to you sir!

Terry

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wellsprop said:

Beautiful work! 

Thanks Wellsprop, very kind

3 hours ago, Paul J said:

Lovely build! You have done this kit proud. And Airfix have hit the jackpot  with this kit too despite the wing issue.

Thanks Paul kind of you fella.  Airfix certainly have done a cracking job with this one  really enjoyable.  

1 hour ago, petetasker said:

Very nice. I'm doing exactly the same build at the moment. Hope mine turns out as good as yours

Thanks Pete, very kind too, it's a lovely scheme and wanted to do one for ages, I am sure it will be fella. 

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

That's a cracking build Chris,I'm nearly finished this scheme with the engine covers open,isn't it a great kit to build?

Thanks Steve it's such a cracking kit,  I was thinking of opening the panels but decided against this as I love the lines of it .  Airfix are bringing out some cracking kits

1 hour ago, canberraman said:

Wow, what a terrific build and finish. Your brush painting skills make me envious, as does also the fantastic diorama photography.  What's not to like?!

Mark

Thanks Mark  the photo is just propped up in the backround and looks great.  I do love the painting stage  it's very relaxing. Thanks for your kind comments 

1 hour ago, Natter said:

A lovely build of Airfix's Chipmunk.

Thanks Natter very kind

1 hour ago, Terry1954 said:

Absolutely fantastic looking Chippie Chris, and once again that stunning brush painted finish of yours. I just don't know how you get such good results. Hat off to you sir!

Terry

Thanks Terry that's very kind,  it's  a great kit and the brush painting is years of training without the ability to use an airbrush really.

I do find the painting very relaxing  too.  

55 minutes ago, ForestFan said:

Superb 

Thanks Forestay

27 minutes ago, robgizlu said:

Great looking build 

Rob

Thanks Rob 

12 minutes ago, cngaero said:

That's a great looking Chipmunk.

Beautifully built and topped off with with a first class brush painted finish.

Thanks cngaero very kind  this one is a joy to build.

Thanks guys for your very generous comments 

Chris

• Like 1

Absolutely lovely. Airfix really should be congratulated for producing such a lovely little kit, ok it’s not perfect but it’s not far off.

Hats off to you Chris yet another fabulous build 👍

Iain

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Yet another stunning example.

Fantastic work, it looks absolutely stunning.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  very kind of you, you'll really enjoy this kit fella. 

43 minutes ago, (ex)Sgtrafman said:

Absolutely lovely. Airfix really should be congratulated for producing such a lovely little kit, ok it’s not perfect but it’s not far off.

Hats off to you Chris yet another fabulous build 👍

Iain

Thanks Ian very kind as well. Yes Airfix have released another cracking kit, they are releasing some absolutely wonderful kits.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Ican definitely recommend this kit to you fella

Ha, I'm not falling for that one again, you bad man.... 🤣

Seriously I did almost falter when I saw Jadlam had them in their clearance sale and with my reward points could have had one for 15 quid, but my no more kits resolve held firm....!!! :) (I'm not like that @Andy J bloke you know....!! :whistle:)

K

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Ha, I'm not falling for that one again, you bad man.... 🤣

Seriously I did almost falter when I saw Jadlam had them in their clearance sale and with my reward points could have had one for 15 quid, but my no more kits resolve held firm....!!! :) (I'm not like that @Andy J bloke you know....!! :whistle:)

K

What me.....I haven't purchased a kit for....well...almost 2 hours now 😆👍

• Haha 3