Greek Rafale!

RidgeRunner

50 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Ahmmm actually a mix of ex Armee de L'Air and new build airframes.

The already, just recently delivered ones are all second hand.

At least not weathered...

• Confused 1

Hi there 

Sadly the best kit you can get is the Italeri and that one the Model C needs to be improved on the nose and rear fuselage engines vents/APU plus chaff and flare

the HobbyBoss kit can be used as fuel tanks plus MICA missiles supplier

Regards 

Armando

4 hours ago, RAGATIGER said:

Hi there 

Sadly the best kit you can get is the Italeri and that one the Model C needs to be improved on the nose and rear fuselage engines vents/APU plus chaff and flare

the HobbyBoss kit can be used as fuel tanks plus MICA missiles supplier

no!!

in 1/48 there are great kits out there:

the best kit you can get is the Revell kit! It has all you need and was re-released not too long ago! (there is also an ACE kit available that uses the same mould)

if you want a slightly inferior (but not necessarily cheaper ) kit, there is also a nearly identical one from Hobbyboss. 

Do not get the Mistercraft rebox of the Heller Rafale A kit! as that represents the prototype only....

I do not think though that Greek decals are available as of yet. (There are though for Egypt, Qatar, India and France of course )

For the record, only in 2021 Greece, Croatia and UAE signed deals for the Rafale! (18, 12, 80!) :)

35 minutes ago, vangos said:

that looks nice!

some more numbers (especially also for single seaters) and good to go!

delivered so far so far as I know:

4 single-seaters (410, 411,412, 413) and two double-seaters ( 401, 402)

wonder if we are going to see the 332 Squ "Geraki" (Hawk) checkerboard markings as on the current Mirage 2000 BG models... or even some squadron markings...

also note the large center line fuel tank, hardly used on French Aircraft on the center line alone...

rafale_orbat.jpg

https://www.scramble.nl/planning/orbats/greece/hellenic-air-force; credits to the autor

8 hours ago, exdraken said:

(there is also an ACE kit available that uses the same mould)

It's actually the other way around - it is the ACE moulds re-released under Revell brand. But still an excellent kit, built 4 of them, both C and B's 

8 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

Does anyone know what color the Greek Rafales are?

They're the same colour as the French Air Force I would imagine, it's a shame that they weren't repainted in the same scheme as the F-16's and F-4s.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Boman said:

It's actually the other way around - it is the ACE moulds re-released under Revell brand. But still an excellent kit, built 4 of them, both C and B's 

As far as I am aware, Revell contracted ACE to do the tooling. The Revell M and B models were the first ones to hit the market in 1999.

The molds were updated though by adding the chaff and flare dispensers in the tail fairing area. (That is the part the HobbyBoss did not manage to do up until today)

kit history here:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-03901-dassault-rafale-c--1119686

in addition I highly recommend the BAM models intakes and probably upgrades as well incl. eventually Excocet pylons that for sure will appear in HAF ;) 

6 hours ago, Stephen said:

They're the same colour as the French Air Force I would imagine, it's a shame that they weren't repainted in the same scheme as the F-16's and F-4s.

As best I can tell then, they're dark ghost grey. At least one reference shows that to be true but I'm open to being corrected.