A real Gem from mid 80s..Otaki P-47

This is a great kit. Very nice surface and really good fit.

spacer.png

I feel kinda bad wasting a resin interior as you just can't see much Oh well

spacer.png

Finished with Alclad and GX flat overcoat. Premiered with Tamiya Rattle can Black (Decanted). Decals are from the Kagaro book on P-47s in USAAF Europe. Great decals.

spacer.png

I added resin Paper Fuel tank and painted Day steps under aircraft. Also used Resin aftermarket tires 

spacer.png

Thanks for Looking 

Comments are always welcome

Cheers

Bill D.

• Like 37
  • Thanks 1

Very nice Bill. 🔟:goodjob:

I like Otaki too (NLA other than the Arii reboxings frequently issued with different simplified decals). Built a few back in their heyday. Affordable to all back when 1/48 wasn't generally, and still are today in their Arii reissue reboxings. Alternatives or additions to  to Tamiya's 1970s cheaper priced subject mouldings.

• Like 1

Nicely done! :clap2:

Well done with the Alclad base coat--I have difficulties spraying large surfaces with Alclad, so I I typically use Mr Color for the base metallic and then Alclad for details and variations.

That's an excellent job on the venerable Otaki P-47. I built many of the early Otaki/Arii, and they usually make nice models (with some tweaking).

I skipped the P-47 though, and used it as a colour mule 😧, because I considered the cowling front opening too narrow. If that's so then you did hide it very well with the blue ring! Perhaps I should have given it a try...