@John Masters This forum is meant for GB proposals that have gained enough signatures to be entered into the Bunfight & not for new proposals, they go in the Group Build Chat forum.

@Enzo Matrix maybe move or delete this? Sorry If I'm being to forward, I'm a moderator on several other forums so posts like this stands out to me 😅

• 4 months later...
On 2/5/2022 at 8:25 PM, John Masters said:

So not just the USMC, but all Marine forces, any maritime land based service branch of any navy, worldwide.

Not to be smart but would the Colonial Marines count? Or is it only RL marines?

• 2 months later...

Hi Dennis,

the Royal Marines did have their own helicopters as part of 3 Commando Brigade Air Squadron [3BAS] up until about 1983.  After that, they were disbanded and the elements were incorporated into the Royal Navy's [FAA] 847 Naval Air Squadron.  

From the 1960's onwards, when I first joined a 3BAS flight, the RM had the Bell 47 Sioux light helicopters, plus the Westland Scout AH.1 and subsequently the Westland Lynx AH.1, AH.7 and AH.9.   The RN [FAA] provided heavy lift support with the Westland Whirlwind, Westland Wessex, Westland Sea King and currently the Agusta Westland Merlin.

cheers,
Mike

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bootneck said:

Hi Dennis,

the Royal Marines did have their own helicopters as part of 3 Commando Brigade Air Squadron [3BAS] up until about 1983.  After that, they were disbanded and the elements were incorporated into the Royal Navy's [FAA] 847 Naval Air Squadron.  

From the 1960's onwards, when I first joined a 3BAS flight, the RM had the Bell 47 Sioux light helicopters, plus the Westland Scout AH.1 and subsequently the Westland Lynx AH.1, AH.7 and AH.9.   The RN [FAA] provided heavy lift support with the Westland Whirlwind, Westland Wessex, Westland Sea King and currently the Agusta Westland Merlin.

cheers,
Mike

Thank you Mike,

now I wonder could I do an R.N. Wessex in support of Royal Marines, what say you @John Masters ?