Universal Carrier MMG MkII (1/35 Riich Models)

APA

7 hours ago, Carius said:

Fantastic job Andrrew, the attention to detail is amazing and really give life to the model.

TOP JOB :worthy:

Cesar

Thanks Cesar. Appreciated 

1 hour ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Andrew,

The immense amount of detail on the vehicle makes it a little modeling gem.
Really well finished throughout.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

Thanks Francis, glad you like it 👍

Andrew 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 05/02/2022 at 19:26, APA said:

Wow what a kit! This is an exceptionally detailed offering from Riich. Comes with an extensive set of PE and accessories. No need for any aftermarket with this one. Even the suspension has real double coil spring! There are a couple of bizarre omissions such as the radiator which leaves a whacking great hole into the empty engine compartment but not to worry, an easy scratch fix. I think after building this I can strip and rebuild a real one blindfolded at night.

I thought I would do it justice and put a bit of work into it. 😁

First off there are two points

1. There is nothing wrong with the Tamya offering so I don't want anyone dissing it. It's stood many a modeller well over the years.

2. I have to give a big shout out to these guys;

https://vickersmg.blog/

As you'll see, this builds rabbit hole was the Vickers machine gun and I could not have done it without the help of them. So much info! I owe it all to them so check them out and maybe visit or donate.

So on to the build. It depicts a Medium Machine Gun Carrier just come back from duty and having a bit of a tidy up,maintenance and re stock. They've found part of an old sign and used it as a work bench on top of some random ammo boxes. While the No1 is disassembling the gun and changing the barrel and jacker the driver is sweeping up the spent shells which as you can see get everywhere.

20220205_180829

20220205_180700

20220205_180720

20220205_180734

All the helmets are kit with the inner liner on the 1st scratched and the webbing on the 4th one added.

20220205_180747

20220205_180820

20220205_180841

The rear bin and basket are scratched as the kit one couldn't be shown open. The brush is from the kit but the bristles added.

20220205_180857

Right then, The gun is 99% scratch. Tools are from the Miniarts set, petrol can from the kit. Tins and barrels and canvas covers are all scratch. I'm not sure if they ever changed the covers but I'm going for a refurb kit issued. There is a new cover, old cover, new barrel and old barrel still to be removed from the rest of the mechanism plus a barrel cleaning rod. The spring and casing I'm particularly proud of 😎

20220205_180907

20220205_180923

I did the fire extinguishers as painted but worn through to show off the brass. I was worried about the black leather seats but they seem to look ok. I'm also happy that you can see a lot of the linkages in the floor. Made it worth doing after all🙄

20220205_180936

20220205_180941

Those 303 shels get everywhere! I know they are a bit bright but I wasn't going to paint them! They are chopped up 0.3mm brass tubing. The barrels are 0.5mm brass tube so the bullets will actually fit 😁. The brown leather tube in the bottom right propped up next the the gunners seat is the spare barrel and cleaning rod case. Standard issue.

20220205_181002

The ammo boxwes are blue/green as was the case pre 45 and most were repainted before NWE campain however I'm going for some that slipped the paint shop for added colour.

20220205_181015

20220205_181029

20220205_181046

I put all the kit hanging from the side. I wasn't until it had all been made and ready for fitting that some know-it-all called @Mike Starmer 😉😁 Pointed out that no kit was hung like this as it would all get ripped off by bushes etc in the narrow lanes. They only did this in North Africa. Well these boys have either been very lucky, have a very good driver or just haven't learnt yet. The kit bags are all scratch as well btw.

20220205_181105

Bit of sustenance hidden from the Sergeant 😉 

20220205_181128

Bit out of focus but theres a cork hanging from the chain for bunging the water jacket.

20220205_181156

20220205_181212

Had a bit of a nightmare with the ammo boxes. They are all kit with added webbing for handles but the main thing is the lack of decals for them. No one makes them. I even tried 3D printing stamps but that didn't work out. I was going to scribble some yellow paint but thought that would spoil it. The cammo netting is aftermarket stuff with strips of Rizla.

20220205_181233

20220205_181245

WIP is here: 

Thanks all

Andrew

Great work Andrew,  I know these kit's aren't for the faint hearted! I've built Katie the other version they do it's very nice but did take alot hard work for such a tiny thing it's mad with the detail I've made the front bracket for stowage on mine with the wood carved posts going through the front toe eyes n 2 bits wood from miniarts North Africa signs I cut down to size and damage slightly with after market stowage value gear, I cut the engine pannal open so the nice engine could be seen as no figures sit on that side the ones onnthe radio on other side and 2 in front and used hornet heads for the figures! Doing know how to post a photo but It's one my better builds I actually love myself haha

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/23/2022 at 1:30 PM, Modeler8522 said:

Great work Andrew,  I know these kit's aren't for the faint hearted! I've built Katie the other version they do it's very nice but did take alot hard work for such a tiny thing it's mad with the detail I've made the front bracket for stowage on mine with the wood carved posts going through the front toe eyes n 2 bits wood from miniarts North Africa signs I cut down to size and damage slightly with after market stowage value gear, I cut the engine pannal open so the nice engine could be seen as no figures sit on that side the ones onnthe radio on other side and 2 in front and used hornet heads for the figures! Doing know how to post a photo but It's one my better builds I actually love myself haha

Thanks for resurrecting this 😁 and thanks for the comments. Yes they are little beasts and you do wonder about how much more can fit into them. Glad you've had fun building yours. I think the detail Riich provide can be an inspiration for the builder to do thier bit in the build as well.

On 7/23/2022 at 3:45 PM, Maginot said:

Remarkable attention to detail. It's a treat to let the eye wander over the model and pick out all the bits.

Thanks Maginot. 😁

On 7/24/2022 at 7:50 AM, providence said:

Terrific model ! outstanding work ! So many details, perfect weathering, a real master piece !

Regards

Providence

and thanks Providence 😁

Andrew