Caudron C 445 Goeland, FFAF, Autumn 1944 (RS kit, 1/72)

JWM

Hi,

The Caudron Goeland very popular light transport machine. For years there was no injected kit of it (only vacu or resin) and few years ago RS filled this gap releasing nice kit in a half dozen of boxes full of very nice schemes.  I was happy about it in general but also it made me unhappy when I had to decide which particular box should I buy.  So I bought one and I have a kind of strange habit to search for a scheme out of the box. I have found one (ambulance), I thought it is not from box, but suddenly I noticed next box with this scheme...

I decided to do machine in FFAF colors (Transports aeriens militaires) from late 1944 which I not noticed in any of RS boxes,  When I was already advanced in build I have found, that this was a scheme given in one of previous resin kit... 

Nevertheless, here she is:

51863742510_fb50b10a46_b.jpg

51862121802_d00dd49627_b.jpg

51863742595_fc3888f5a7_b.jpg

51863411834_6fac8a7d1e_b.jpg

51862121982_7113a51254_b.jpg

The color from top is Humbrol 159, in my camera and today light it looks much greenish then it is...

Comments welcome

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek 

#3/2022 

• Like 20

7 minutes ago, Vesa Jussila said:

Once again not so typical plane from you and nice build too. I have been looking this kit in Jadar Hobby. So far I have managed avoid temptation.

Thank you! 

I've heard that the best what one can do with temptation is to follow it! :)

Regards

J-W

• Like 1

Actually the C.440 series was the most numerous French WW2 aircraft - light years ahead of the MS.230 and 406 or the Potez 63 family.

Even the combined total of Bloch 151-155 and Dewoitine 520 is less than the 1,700 Goelands built.

Chapeau bas, messrs RS, for bringing this very important plane to the 72nd scale injection-moulded market.

And to you, Brother, for that rare colour scheme with oddly narrow invasion stripes.

Cheers

Michael

• Thanks 1

I love this plane. I just managed to get trhe book on the type, even if it was very expensive. You will find loads of interesting schemes for the C.445 in it! https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=30921799916&cm_sp=collections-_-4n8hdS3dyDiSnq9Nnw6Tcp_item_1_34-_-bdp

Lovely build! I have one in my stash I'll build as one serving with a unit in Norway.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 3:28 AM, zigster said:

Thanks J-W for bringing all those "unpopular" planes to this forum.

There's so much beside all P this, or that, or countless Me 109.

I like your output, definitely different 😀

Zig

I will  continue! Zig, thank you.  However, still some Me-109 may happen on the way ;) 

On 2/6/2022 at 12:12 AM, KRK4m said:

Actually the C.440 series was the most numerous French WW2 aircraft - light years ahead of the MS.230 and 406 or the Potez 63 family.

Even the combined total of Bloch 151-155 and Dewoitine 520 is less than the 1,700 Goelands built.

Chapeau bas, messrs RS, for bringing this very important plane to the 72nd scale injection-moulded market.

And to you, Brother, for that rare colour scheme with oddly narrow invasion stripes.

Cheers

Michael

Thanks! That is pity, that they (Goeland family)  almost all looks same, only the fin is of larger area in C.448 and shorter in 444. The 448 and I think also 449 have stronger engines but not seen from outside. So no good excuse to do two of them, and the real plenty of nice painting schemes exists. If I will live long enough I will do next, but not soon,,,,

On 2/6/2022 at 4:48 AM, Kjetil Åkra said:

I love this plane. I just managed to get trhe book on the type, even if it was very expensive. You will find loads of interesting schemes for the C.445 in it! https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=30921799916&cm_sp=collections-_-4n8hdS3dyDiSnq9Nnw6Tcp_item_1_34-_-bdp

Lovely build! I have one in my stash I'll build as one serving with a unit in Norway.

Many thanks for a link to book! This is a interesting machine indeed, the shapes are so unique, you cannot mix her with the other plane. 

Best regards

J-W

10 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Unusual aircraft to me. It’s very good. Cool scheme 

Thank you! Nothing strange,  the transport machines are not that well recognized as the fighters or bombers, nevertheless they I also nice to build :)

Cheers

J-W