Sopwith Camel, Eduard 1/48, new tool - Hinchliffes "Donner-Wetter"

Superbly crafted model. Particularly like your treatment of wood finishes... and the cane seat. Pics at the flying field are great.

A SMER DH.82? Strewth @Allan31! A neighbour gave me one he found in a junk shop. I've not spoken to him since 🤓

• Thanks 1

Yes, yes, yes. We all know this is the 1/8th scale Hasegawa Camel, and that is just a giant novelty Europenny! Seriously, though, brilliant work on the Camel!

Regards,

Jason

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much for your kind words!

On 4/8/2022 at 5:15 PM, Maginot said:

Particularly like your treatment of wood finishes.

I'm using nitro based wood primer and varnish (from CLOU), but it is very hard to find those paints in consumer shops. Only water based things now, but by far not working that perfect.

19 hours ago, Learstang said:

Yes, yes, yes. We all know this is the 1/8th scale Hasegawa Camel, and that is just a giant novelty Europenny!

I don not know the Camel kit, I have only build the Fokker Dr.I in 1/8.

But you want a comparison against a Eurocent? No problem, I made this picture today for you:

uc?export=view&id=13cW_ZZ8dON457ndmgZyrs

Cheers,

Frank

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, my flabber is gasted  and my gob has been smacked by this magnificent work of scale model art.   Frank, that is incredible realism and superb model work in any scale.  Knowing the actual size of the model makes it thoroughly amazing!   :worthy:

• Thanks 1