Hobbyboss SS23 Spider Tactical Ballistic Missile

KAYELL

Hi Kayell,

Another monster, very little seen, I like the different tones of some parts, and the base is very effective.
If anything, the photos are somewhat dark, and very few...lol, I imagine that it will not be easy to photograph due to its final size.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• Like 1

Somehow you've made that look evil. As well as heavy, worn and realistic. I love the side window and how you've shown the wiping off of the condensation inside. I don't suppose the Russian air con was very effective.

I agree with @Ian, that there's a sci-fi vibe to it though I'm thinking of the Space Marines' vehicles in Alien 2

• Like 1

The dappling and blending of different shades of green paint gives a very effective finish. The weathered windows and undersides look great.

This is serious kit. A quick read about the OTR-23 Oka mobile theatre ballistic missile system reveals the launch vehicle was amphibious. It seems it's service was controversial and its limited deployment part of the bargaining with US and NATO to limit the buildup of nuclear forces in Europe. Sinister credentials indeed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Maginot said:

amphibious

AMPHIBIOUS! Cool!

630 pieces...

And we know that it can look fantastic (see above)...

In stock at sensible price at amazon...

Post-apocalyptic diorama possibilities whirling through my mind... 

If I turn the heating off and stop eating until pension day...

SOLD, to the gentleman with the big grin!

(Thanks for that final push, Maginot.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/4/2022 at 5:07 PM, FrancisGL said:

Hi Kayell,

Another monster, very little seen, I like the different tones of some parts, and the base is very effective.
If anything, the photos are somewhat dark, and very few...lol, I imagine that it will not be easy to photograph due to its final size.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

Hi Francis

My photography skills are poor, just using an old iPhone and daylight, and yes its fairly large 14 inches(35cm)long.

Thanks to all for your kind comments, it means a lot.

Cheers

Keith

• Thanks 1