Academy 1/48 Mig21MF (Probably) in Egyptian colours

Marklo

3 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Nice job on the orange.👍

Thanks, I keep thinking of Zaphod Beebolbrox and his response about the black Hagumemnon ship, ‘it is bad for the eyes’ :) 

But more’s the point I have a very good chance of making the GB deadline with this one, and my three ground attack builds ( sigh) 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Is that straight out of a bottle or a custom mix ? 

Tamiya X6 orange straight from the bottle with thinned to about 50% with Tamiya x20 thinners and very possibly a small amount of Hataka RLM 76 ( my undersurface colour) because I’m not very diligent at cleaning my airbrush between colours :) 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

95456917-E3-B6-459-C-A1-AA-3-C0-C0-A1103

F43-AED02-3-A69-48-B9-ADCA-C09-F4-CE71-FSand on and the orange bit I missed on the fin painted.

Brown, green and black left( I’ll probably use a rattlecan for the latter)

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 5

Nice work on the orange panels Marklo, it's as shame about the bleed through. I use a cotton bud to burnish down masking tape. Also, another trick is to spray some clear which will seal the demarcation before doing second colour. 

This is going to look great when it's done though!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, arfa1983 said:

it's as shame about the bleed through. I use a cotton bud to burnish down masking tape. Also

Not the end of the world. I used a rattle can but really I should have been a bit more patient and airbrushed. But not to worry readily fixed.

• Like 1

65-C21-A72-5-A0-A-4-C25-89-A1-98-E95-B36The carpet monster has taken the nose oleo so nothing else for it but to scratch a replacement, brass rod, tube and styrene sheet to the rescue.

4892-E94-C-B8-F0-408-B-AFCD-31-BE9-DF838And we’re now sitting on our undercarriage. Decals and miscellaneous bits and pieces next and I think we’re done.

• Like 5

F1-C1-C410-5-B29-4-B05-9926-EA311-BBF082Can’t find the pitot tube either. So 1mm copper tube .5mm brass rod, a fairing from the spares box and some plastic card and we have a pitot tube, sigh.

53033-ED3-9-B24-4617-859-C-724-D824-FBD4Which means….we’re done.

Going to take the dog for a walk then take some photos for the gallery :)

• Like 5