2 hours ago, zebra said:

Looking great Dennis. I like the look of these Eduard 1/72 kits - not surprised at that since their 1/48 kit is one of my favourites.

Thanks I really need to get more of these they are gems of a kit. … I finished off the canopy and bang seat today. SVMK1LQ.jpg

E4n8xcG.jpg

aLpsHcm.jpg

bRKC3bv.jpg

All the little vents and doodads have been glued to the fuselage that can be. 

2fSCrYQ.jpg

o8z9z83.jpg

So now that thats all done, I cut the supports on the Recon pod from Eduard and polished the thing. Temporarily mounted for show. 4OX5pYm.jpg

xBjjBXw.jpg

This is most definitely a “D” pod, as the side engraved panels are identical. There are brass squares for the three downward camera ports. Ive had to carve the forward one as it was obliterated by sanding/ & polishing. C5AFtp8.jpg

Here is an “R” pod for comparison. mHzsLmk.jpg

Oddly enough mine actually comes with a cover for the chaff/flare dispenser. But wont be adding it unless I build this as a Night pod ? Last up was mounting the seat and canopy. brH4Ppc.jpg

gLnLQgp.jpg

0jRzeiV.jpg

The only place that really needs any work is the nose. Its the only place with an exposed seem. Now for some odd reason my nose ring shrunk ever so slightly as it dried. Which now means there was a very slight step completely around the nose. Ive already started to file that down as well as the seem on the nose. Next up will be to add the wing tip SPO-3 antennas. Everything else like the shock cone/radar will be added after paint as it just slides in. That and the nose probe, pitot, and “T” antenna’s under the wing tips will be added after paint. Please feel free to ask questions, post comments or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 8

Morning everyone … well Im almost embarrassed to say that the sanding and re-scribe on this is done. I’ve added the SPO-3 sensor pods on the wingtips and started on the load-out.

uL8VHN0.jpg

iBd1DGS.jpg

I even remembered the little fillet’s in the notch. Those were not fun to mount by the way. In this case the load-out will be 490 Litre tanks on the outer pylon's.
4jwO77w.jpg

G2i0MWx.jpg

With a pair of R3-S’s on the inner pylons. This seems to be very common on the MiG-21R’s. Of course the center line has the pod. Yt5kawu.jpg

o5NQ9oh.jpg

hLJqi8k.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions, post comments or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Nice progress, Dennis.

the fit of the pod to the underside looks great!

Yeah I couldn't ask for any better. Just a little filing of the rear blade on the pod so it clears the underside fin of the mig. But other than that no issues with fit. Actually Ive decided my next mig may carry one of these pods. 

https://spruebrothers.com/edu672195-1-72-eduard-brassin-sps-141-ecm-pod-for-mig-21-fishbed-edu-kit/

The SPS-141 ECM pod looks like it would be an interesting bit of kit to mount. 

Morning everyone … first of the paints are on. I sprayed the aluminum/metallic color for the 490 Ltr. tanks and recon pod. Once that was done I sprayed the light grey. 
Yc47SEy.jpg

CYRp5dL.jpg

eFRP9vh.jpg

I waited a bit for that to quick cure and then masked for the medium grey. 

RTZSpcW.jpg

CKCeweY.jpg

f2710R8.jpg

This can cure over night and tomorrow can spray the dark grey and green for the shock cone, dielectric panel's, and wheels. I was able to track down a list of all 36 Polish R’s and their Bort #’s so will have my choice there. Please feel free to ask questions, post comments or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Johnson said:

Good work Dennis!

(Still ahead of me!)

Which is shocking considering I have 11+ builds on my desk. Scary thing is I have 4 spitfires and 6 mustangs waiting their turn. Not too mention all the other group builds Im signed up/hosting. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Which is shocking considering I have 11+ builds on my desk. Scary thing is I have 4 spitfires and 6 mustangs waiting their turn. Not too mention all the other group builds Im signed up/hosting. 

All I have is my Fine Molds F-4D (Mig Killer! :wicked:) languishing at the back of my bench.

• Like 1

Good morning everyone … Camouflage is done on this. Only the green for the dielectric, cone, and wheels is next. JDY9CIk.jpg

q76bU5G.jpg
I tried to use the worms but wasn't satisfied with how they were laying out. So in the end this is all freehand. RYsipSy.jpg

I will need to redo the Wheel bays but nothing major. Once thats done I will paint in the camera windows. M9Zcn8d.jpg

AZw56Ok.jpg

3RmiPnX.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions, post comments or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 11