French 8S aichi jake late colour scheme

TOPGUN88

I have a hasegawa jake seaplane that I am working on and was wondering if anyone knew the colour scheme applied to the 4 aircraft that were captured and pressed into service in indochina. I think these were a sort of blue/grey as there is a colour profile on wings palette but it doesn't say what kind of grey. Also found a black and white photo of 2 aircraft that look much lighter than the sea otters that they are next to. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Edited by TOPGUN88

I am no expert in postwar French color schemes in Indochine but know that the French had little if any paint on hand. Certainly they were not getting any help from the US or the RAF. It's likely that they located pre-war seaplane paint on hand from the Vichy stores and painted the Jakes in naval gray paint to avoid oxidation problems. I would suggest that they cut the color "French Seaplane Blue Gray" on hand from 1940 stores, mixed it with some Japanese light gray to achieve the bluish gray. I submit a few profiles of a Loire 130 to suggest that the paint came from the seaplane base hangar.  Again this is all speculation. 

https://hangar47.com/loire-130_prevue/

• Like 1