MiG-21 Group build Rules

Corsairfoxfouruncle

Hello Everyone... Welcome to the MiG-21 Single type group build of 2022. This World Famous aircraft has Multiple users, sixty plus years in service, and a boat load of Camouflage options to choose from. So as for what exactly is eligible please see #3 below.

1) A 'WiP' thread for each model with regular updates showing your progress within the GB timescale is required. 

2) All scales, mediums, aftermarket, and other goodies will be allowed. 

3) This is “THE” list to go by.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mikoyan-Gurevich_MiG-21_variants

This includes all known manufacturers from Russia, China, Eastern Block, and Indian.

4) WHIF’s -  Now as for the question of WHIF’s. I will allow a Whif on the basis of mockups. No paper projects. It should have had at least a 3d physical model for it to be acceptable. Whif’s based on non-users of MiG-21’s might be acceptable. The operator (Air Arm) in question should have at least operated some form of Soviet jet prior to and possibly post the Mig-21’s usage. Thus making it a plausible expectation. 

5) Please keep comments within these threads civil & respectful. If you can't be nice then please be quiet.

6) If anyone has any issues please bring it to me or Modelling Minion (Craig’s) Attention. If this fails Enzo Matrix or another Moderator will get involved. 

7) A gallery is available for the display of models completed within the GB timescale. Please limit the number of photos to five for each subject. There is also an inspiration gallery for the display of previous builds. 

8. There will be absolutely No Buying, Selling, or trading in the threads. There are dedicated locations for this. Positively no exceptions !

9) Please do not hesitate to ask questions about anything either myself or my co host @modelling minion will try to get you an answer as soon as we can. 

10) Last but definitely not least, Please have fun finishing is nice but is not important. We want you to enjoy your time here in the group build. After all this supposed to be a hobby. 

Thank you the Hosts and Moderators. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 3