Hello. and Thanks for Having Me

Sniffing Glue

From the time my chubby six year old fingers glued an Airfix Spitfire (more glue than Spitfire) throughout my childhood I was a keen modeler.  Such activities were gradually displaced by girls, punk rock and pubs (not necessarily in that order) and so I drifted away.

Come Covid-19 and lock-down, time seemed to drag. My sister, as somewhat of a joke bought me the old Airfix HMS Victory 1" to 15' to swallow some time, and didn't it do that. I messed that model up so much I had to go out and buy another one, and then another. Along the way I bought a cheap Chinese airbrush which was amazing until it stopped working, as did the next one, and now I own an expensive airbrush that I'm proud of.

Even though the pubs are re-open I still find a few hours a week for models. I hope to bring you some pictures of my triumphs and disasters as they happen.

Sniffing Glue

• Like 5

Hello and welcome gliffing snue!  :welcome: I'm sure most of us recognise that timeline and many have been there, done that and got the fridge magnet.  Triumphs or disasters, it's all the same and we look forward to seeing your work.

All the best,
Mike

Hi, and welcome to BM; your story sounds very much like my own (with some Goth and proper metal thrown into the equation).  Nice to have you around - get posting some pictures of your work!

• 2 months later...