Westland Lysander MkIII, No 357 Squadron, Special Service Flight attached to 14th Army, South East Asia 1945

23 minutes ago, dnl42 said:

Excellent work and photos! :clap2:

What kit?

72?

The information you seek is in the first post.  🙂

Nicely done Russ.  

Take care,

Graham

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ForestFan said:

Beautiful, any issues with the build? I’m sure I read somewhere that the wing struts are too short?

Thanks, yeah they`re too short to reach the locating holes under the wing. What I did was set the wings level using steel rule and elastic bands, then when dry, but with the rule still attached butted the struts against the U/C fairings and marked and drilled new ones, Then filled the old ones.

The rest of the build was usual high end limited run fare, lots of sanding but I didn`t need to use any filler, except some PVA glue here and there on the transparencies.

Cheers Russ

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, simonj said:

Great work - what is the Gavia kit like to work on ??

Thanks Simon, 

Apart from the main struts being a little too short to reach the locating holes under the wing. What I did was set the wings level using steel rule and elastic bands, then when dry, but with the rule still attached butted the struts against the U/C fairings and marked and drilled new ones, Then filled the old ones.

The rest of the build was usual high end limited run fare, lots of sanding but I didn`t need to use any filler, except some PVA glue here and there on the transparencies.

Cheers Russ

Russ,

That's beautiful work. I completed the Eduard boxing in a very similar scheme about 18 months ago. Love your treatment of the exhaust collector and the overall weathered look - great job!

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1