1/72 Heller Boeing 707, Lufthansa

Finished this a few weeks ago, but it was hard to take good photos - this is a huge bird! Dimensions are 64.7 cm long and a wingspan of 61.7 cm!

51858328452_f8b0e846a7_c.jpg

The kit is pretty OK, details are a little crude - it feels just like an upscaled 1/144. But fit is good apart from the wings to the body, that needed a little violence (but no filler).

51859642309_0ac17a5e1e_c.jpg

I used the kit decals. Far from perfect, the cheatline is too wide, but "good enough" were the keywords for this build. I painted it with Mr Paint, Vallejo Metallics and Tamiya (the blue fin).

51858337657_87deaa0952_c.jpg

51858359242_17c53424ea_c.jpg

Compared to the Boeing, the mighty Viggen look like a little sparrow! 

51859281126_dd0d8f3b89_z.jpg

...and now the main problem with this model: Where shall I keep it??? It take pretty much place in my living room now... :D

51859366533_c702271e5c_c.jpg

WIP thread (double build with another gigant, the 1/72 Airfix Concorde):

• Like 52
  • Thanks 3

Beautiful looking 707:like:. You have worked wonders considering it required violence!😮. Just off to look at your WIP as I have the conversion parts to make a SAAF Elint/tanker, I just need to aquire a kit and get on with it!

Pete

• Thanks 1

A wonderful build and finish.The wings look great with those different shades and the weathering. 👏

The Heller 707 builds up to a very fine model,when taken time and care and your model is a perfect proof of this.

I have the Lufthansa boxing too but I have other plans for it.I received an old decal sheet for a Simbair cargo which looks very interesting.

Thanks for sharing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That’s brilliant, lovely classic airliner. The paintwork and weathering look superb.

If you’re struggling for storage space you could hang it from your ceiling perhaps? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lord Riot said:

If you’re struggling for storage space you could hang it from your ceiling perhaps? 

That would be good.. I suggested this display option to SWMBOd once concerning a B17 I did.. I was left in no doubt that it would not be the model that was hanging there.. but myself LOL

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Col Walter E Kurtz said:

That would be good.. I suggested this display option to SWMBOd once concerning a B17 I did.. I was left in no doubt that it would not be the model that was hanging there.. but myself LOL

I’m waiting to mention the option to mine once I finish another V-bomber!

• Haha 1