Stuka Ju 87G-1 Revell 1:48

Joanna

This is the second 87g-1 model I've built. I am planning to paint a tan and/or green camouflage with my new airbrush. I'm going to try weathering on this model since I've gotten pretty good at the painting part. I finished airbrushing the base tan on the wings and small pieces and finished all of the blue. I plan to make the canopies open and no pilots in it, and gear are always down anyway.

I'm planning to paint one of these designs but I'm not sure which one yet.  Input with this is appreciated! I'm not sure if I should put the under wing guns on yet either.

y4m0O0KVNMqHCrnBt6miRKLBo2fTmA3h7un4PYVo

Here are the top of the wings and a couple miscellaneous pieces including the rear gun, the unfinished gear, etc.

y4mmfZuLtNlh45T_ey-CQtu5_5rs7kV1KlHlKzSs

This is the bottom and top of the tail.

y4mGFvgT2ATwO8GZgoxpuNT329Z-nxXBtzGkRx-8y4mHRsvQNQOBs8BlsFTFikppVQuWuGFyrdKY4AEm

Here is the canopy glass which I will hand paint and the finished wheels.

y4mHzHKMoOvnlMr62NdHB1ww9cUu1ciR5j2MWywC

I have yet to finish the fuselage but the taped parts are blue and the pilots and gunner is installed.  

Fuselage

y4mG92oAo7NnakH993UNUa0nGbVUalUKUR5t7KiZ

y4mgAPiyJAQ6ycu_zREa_StXiHX3tCBDaUkhxTWxy4mq0mmWpdcDIHw1avL3kZobDKuNRdlUQc3YV03S

These are the decals I plan to use, and of course they are the only decals I have.

y4mP0aQSCj7EuOzeG2NkFnlDqOaaU9_UMz-9oHXo

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Joanna said:

I'm planning to paint one of these designs but I'm not sure which one yet.  Input with this is appreciated! I'm not sure if I should put the under wing guns on yet either.

All those shown are B models. 

The G is late, a development of the D model.  They have a new nose and canopy, plus small UC legs.  Later version have extended wings as well, which is what the model you have has.     

AFAIK the G was too late to be used in the desert. Some D models were, but there is debate on if they got the desert scheme.  

see https://forum.largescalemodeller.com/topic/2597-ju-87-d-5-s7aa-stg3-egypt-1942/

The D did not have the underwing guns.

HTH

• 2 months later...
On 2/2/2022 at 9:19 PM, Tail-Dragon said:

You could do a nice winter scheme with those decals ...

https://www.scalehobbyist.com/images/products/TRP/TRP00003217/TRP00003217_6_d.jpg

I like that! Its funny how someone can search the internet high and low and not find anything with those decals!🤨 Thanks! I'll try it out when i figure out what's wrong with my airbrush...