Special Hobby 2022 Announcements

jan_cz

Hello to you all!

Special Hobby posted on their blog a list of planned releases for 2022.

1/35 Armor

SA35008 Panzerbefehlswagen 35(t)

SA35009 Panhard 178B '47mm Gun Late Turret

1/72 Armor

SA72027 Captured Sd.Kfz 250

SA72028 Rheinbote German WWII tactical ground to ground V4 Rocket

1/32 Aircraft

SH32083 Fiat G.50B Bicomando

SH32084 Manshu Ki-79 'Japanese Trainer'

1/48 Aircraft

SH48053 Breda Ba-65 A-80 (re-issue)

SH48160 Baltimore Mk.I/II

SH48200 SNAC NC.701 Martinet

SH48202 AH-1G Cobra

SH48205 Reggiane Re.2000 III. Series

SH48207 SIAI-Marchetti SF.260AM/M/W

SH48210 Heinkel He-177 A-3

SH48211 Avro Anson Mk.I

SH48212 Siebel Si-204E 'German Night Bomber & Trainer'

SH48216 AJ-37 Viggen 'Strike Fighter'

SH48217 Aero C-3B 'Czechoslovak Bomber-Trainer' (note: post-war Si-204)

SH48218 L-4 Grasshopper

SH48219 Buggatti 100 Racer

SH48220 J-3 Cub

SH48221 Potez 631 (New Tool)

1/72 Aircraft

SH72075 CH-37 Mojave (re-issue)

SH72162 Short Sunderland Mk.V 'Fighting Commies in Europe and the Far East' (re-issue)

SH72291 Mirage F.1B (re-issue)

SH72336 Sea Vixen FAW Mk.I/II (re-issue)

SH72352 Mirage IIIC

SH72406 Piaggio P.108B 'Quadrimotore'

SH72415 Vautour IIB 'French Jet Bomber'

SH 72425 Hudson Mk.IV/V/VI (New Tool)

SH72436 Curtiss CW-21 (New Tool)

SH72438 Short Sunderland Mk.I/II 'Flying Porcupine'

SH72445 Tachikawa Ki-54 Otsu / Hickory 'Gunner Trainer'

SH72448 Junkers Ju-87D-5 'Axis  Satellites' (Academy plastic with upgrades)

SH72450 At-6B/C/D/F/G Texan

SH72452 DH. Mosquito PR Mk.XVI

SH72457 Bugatti 100P

SH72458 Junkers Ju-87D-5/N/D-8 'Night Attack Stukas' (also probably Academy plastic with upgrades)

SH72460 P-70 Nighthawk

SH72462 Bf-109 E-7 Trop

SH72463 Gloster Meteor Mk.8/9 IAF

SH72471 Aero A11 'Blue Bird on a Long Flight Over Europe, Africa, and Asia' L-BUCD (New Tool) - plan is for a family of Aero A-11/12

SH 72152 Fairey Albacore Mk.I (New Tool)

1/72 Naval

SN72007 Kriegsfischkutter

Looks like some very nice re-issues, new variants of existing types, and of course exciting new models!

Jan

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5

21 minutes ago, Heather Kay said:

Ooh! The mythical and long-awaited Albacore. Looks like my "only buying two new kits this year" rule is busted already!

My attempt lasted about a week then Airfix announced their releases... Surprised to see SH also doing an Anson Mk.I

It looks more to of the smoking : https://www.specialhobby.info/2022/02/the-nuremberg-toy-and-model-fair-has.html

Well the Nuremberg Toy and Model Fair has been cancelled over the Covid pandemics - once again. So perhaps next year? And so that you would not miss out on certainly important and interesting information about our models, we decided to arrange our own on-line ‘Nuremberg’ here on our blog.

As it would be in real fair, let us kick off with general information on what we have in the pipeline for you this year. Then, we will top this all up with a few images of rather a surprising release which we hope many of you might find of interest - and not just those from our country. (...)

Norimberk-Online-Info-959-450px-CZ-Fin-l

Nothing, absolutely nothing new compared to the previous Special Hobby announcements.

Where are the 1/48th Dassault Super Mystère B2 (thread), the 1/72nd A-1 Skyraider (thread)? Etc.

In the list they're definitely more new tool kits than those just indicated as new tool:

1/32: Ki-79 (thread)

1/48: AH-1G Cobra (thread), SF-260 Marchetti (thread), L-4 Grasshopper & J-3 Cub (thread), Buggatti 100 (thread)

1/72: Mosquito PR Mk.XVI (thread)

- ref. SH48221 - Potez 631 (New Tool) - thread

- ref. SH 72425 - Hudson Mk.IV/V/VI (New Tool) - thread

- ref. SH72471 - Aero A11 L-BUCD (New Tool) - thread

- ref. SH72436 - Curtiss CW-21 (New Tool) - thread

- ref. SH 72152 - Fairey Albacore Mk.I (New Tool) - thread

"SH72458 Junkers Ju-87D-5/N/D-8 'Night Attack Stukas' (also probably Academy plastic with upgrades)"

Come on Jan. Yes, more than probably... thread

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SleeperService said:

Surprised to see SH also doing an Anson Mk.I

I was hoping that Airfix would take that on board and do an Anson C.19 instead - no such luck!

• Like 2

The CH-37 Mojave is on my list. I've been looking for a copy of the original SH kit for a while now. I always thought the Mojave looked like, well, something. Odd.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 3

I'd make a bet that the Anson Mk.1 is the Airfix kit as a repop with Brass and Resin.  Airfix has shared molds before so this could be possible.  Example the 72nd FMA IA 58 Pucara minus all the brass and resin.  I could be wrong - I was once on Tuesday April 1st, but who knows...

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Grayhawk said:

I'd make a bet that the Anson Mk.1 is the Airfix kit as a repop with Brass and Resin.

If I remember correctly, there was a set made by them (then still as MPM) for Classic Airframes and released in 2006 in five different boxes (catalogue numbers from 4118 to 4122). I'm not sure, but my impression is that the moulds were bought back from Classic Airframes since then. However, I am sure that they released this kit under the Special Hobby label in 2007 and 2011 (48081), so this can be this one, maybe with some new details.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

The CH-37 Mojave is on my list. I've been looking for a copy of the original SH kit for a while now. I always thought the Mojave looked like, well, something. Odd.

Cheers,

Bill

Hadn't spotted this one. Last time around, I hadn't decided I needed one before they became scarce & expensive. This time around I hope to remedy that. :)

Steve.

• Like 2

Oooh, CW-21 Demon! I count on Dutch Indies markings. Looking forward tothe Mirage IIIC as well. 

I was hoping we'd get the Skyraider this year, I guess we'll have to wait.

Cheers,

Andre

8 hours ago, Welkin said:

I was hoping that Airfix would take that on board and do an Anson C.19 instead - no such luck!

How could they, when they didn't know until we did (presumably)?

I'll assume this is the Classic Airframe kit until proven wrong.

More puzzling is re-releasing the Meteor F.8 in the face of the upcoming Airfix new tool.  I've already made several and think it's a nice kit, but,,,,,,,,, I know the argument 'an Airfix Meteor makes no money for Special Hobby', but with pricing inevitably rising and disposable incomes for many people dwindling I'd have though that trying to sell a kit in areas without competition would be more lucrative. Or not, I suppose they know their market better than I do.

Paul.

14 hours ago, Jon Bryon said:

Same as the Classic Airframes one? They did that with the Walrus I think.

Jon

I bet on a Special Hobby rebox+ from the original Classic Airframes Avro Anson (ref. 4118 from 2006:  link) kit, most probably with new schemes, decals and parts under ref. SH48211.

Special Hobby reboxed the Annie in 2007 under ref. SH48081, then reboxed her with new parts in 2011 under ref. SH48081.

https://www.scalemates.com/fr/kits/special-hobby-sh48081-avro-anson-mki-colorful-annie--112155

I suppose that the announced introduction this Autumn on the market from the Airfix 1/48th Anson Mk.1 new tool kit (thread) has led the SH managers to consider it'll be one of the last serious opportunity to write off their investment. 

AN.png

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Grayhawk said:

I'd make a bet that the Anson Mk.1 is the Airfix kit as a repop with Brass and Resin.  Airfix has shared molds before so this could be possible.  Example the 72nd FMA IA 58 Pucara minus all the brass and resin.  I could be wrong - I was once on Tuesday April 1st, but who knows...

Can't remember Airfix selling their kits to others for reboxing in the last decade or even earlier. Last was probably with Bilek many years ago.

On the other hand Airfix did rebox a small number of MPM/Special Hobby kits, like the Pucara and the Meteor F.8 but this was also a few years ago and I don't see Airfix doing the same today

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alt-92 said:

For Armour I can understand that.  Aircraft.... well. They're called Airfix :P

... but, they were named Airfix for their air filled products, not for aircraft.

20220203-183205.jpg

Classic Kits by Arthur Ward.

Edited by New Tool
  • Like 4