H Builds “Harrier GR 7”

Try searching for videos  H, I found this Youtube video of a GR.9 taxiing out and going through control checks (about 1min 20sec in). It's not from underneath and the quality is a bit naf, but I'm sure there will be plenty of others of second gen Harriers that will give you some pointers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ36Np5zX4M&ab_channel=DarrenBPlanesAutos

HTH

• Thanks 1

This is one of the better ones I found...

https://images.fast-air.co.uk/100427-RAF-Cottesmore/RAF-Harrier-GR9-ZG477-Sniper-Photo-2.jpg

Hardly a close in detailed one but will continue searching. There's a couple from above and behind in various books I have if they are of any value?

Edited by Col.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And I have a 1/48 drawing of a GR.7 underside in a copy of Modellers Datafile 17 if it is of any use. If used with @Col.'s photo it should give you some idea of the flap actuators position, if that is the detail you are looking for.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys. I have found some pictures online too, much the same as Cols. In the end I have gone with the “File some off, it I’ll be reet” approach. 
in the mean time, she’s getting bigger

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

..I have gone with the “File some off, it I’ll be reet” approach.

Sounds a good plan :thumbsup:

Although it seems the fit of some parts on your kit are about as 'good' as on my one.

• Like 1

Looking good H!

Have you noticed the gaps in the lower corner of the intake/fuselage transition? No idea what Hase was thinking. 

Same as the gaps next to the nozzles!? You can look through 🥴

I will try to show a picture of what I mean later.

On 3/26/2022 at 2:29 PM, coneheadff said:

Looking good H!

Have you noticed the gaps in the lower corner of the intake/fuselage transition? No idea what Hase was thinking. 

Same as the gaps next to the nozzles!? You can look through 🥴

I will try to show a picture of what I mean later.

Yes I have those gaps too. I’m just look at it from a different angle 🤣. Thanks for warning on the nozzles. 

• Haha 2

Primed and ready for some green

@nimrod54, @Hewy, @modelling minion and all other “Brothers of Pink”

A pilot figure for some much needed primer of pink.
It’s also in use as an undercoat for yellow in the latest Airfix Model World magazine (page 56) :deadhorse::deadhorse:

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Wouldn't be right to have one of your builds without the ubiquitous pink primer would it.😉 Especially with so much grey primer on your Harrier, looking very good by the way.

🇺🇦

Thanks Craig, if I didn’t use any primer of pink, @nimrod54 would be calling in the doctors!!!

(He does have his own stash of primer of pink, but doesn’t like to mention it:tmi: )

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Thanks Craig, if I didn’t use any primer of pink, @nimrod54 would be calling in the doctors!!!

(He does have his own stash of primer of pink, but doesn’t like to mention it:tmi: )

And I may even have to break it out, 🤫 there are some yellow tips on the pylons of one of the Hornets I am working on. 😱

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Col. said:

Either didn't realise or had forgotten you were going for the earlier green scheme H :speak_cool:

The early Green Harriers look so much cooler than the Greys. 

• Like 1

First coat of Lichen Green by Hataka brush painted on the lower surface. I had wanted to do more this week, but have been struck by a rather Serious case of Man Flu. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1