From Perth

SubOne

Back into model building after a number of years away from it. Have a few aircraft in various stages of build from years gone by sitting in a cupboard - mainly interested in modern era RAAF and RAN aircraft but would also like to give ships a go. Have a 1/32 Kinetic BAe Hawk 100/127/128 series on order with the aim to finish as a RAAF 79Sqn version. On the wish list are: 3D Blitz 1/72 PC-21, Trumpeter 1/350 Type 23 Frigate (HMS MONMOUTH) and Academy 1/350 FFG-7 + Pontos upgrade kit to do as a RAN version.

I'll be starting my venture into airbrushing now as well so will be on the look for various tips and tricks on how to tackle this.

Cheers....

Welcome Sub. You've got a nice area of interest there. 

FYI, you cam get the 1/350 Trumpeter Type 23 and detail sets from BNA and the PC-21 is available from Metrohobbies.

The airbrushing will be a fun path. What sort of setup do you have?

Cheers,

Mick

11 hours ago, Mick Drover said:

Welcome Sub. You've got a nice area of interest there. 

FYI, you cam get the 1/350 Trumpeter Type 23 and detail sets from BNA and the PC-21 is available from Metrohobbies.

The airbrushing will be a fun path. What sort of setup do you have?

Cheers,

Mick

Hi Mick, yet to settle on one. Any suggestions? Looking at a HS-AS186 with 3L tank style. Don't want to spend too much on airbrushes...

:welcome: to the madhouse on what has been a fairly eventful day if you like horrible forum glitches and odd things happening.  It's not always like this, I promise :)

1 hour ago, SubOne said:

Hi Mick, yet to settle on one. Any suggestions? Looking at a HS-AS186 with 3L tank style. Don't want to spend too much on airbrushes...

The HSENG compressor is fine, I've got a similar model but by Delta and it has served me for more than ten years. With regard to airbrushes I tend to err towards the more expensive ones particulalry the regularly used ones. I bought a Harder and Steenbeck Infinity 12 years ago and it's the only airbrush I have and gets used frequently. A few sets of o-rings later and it's still going strong. Runway 13 in Canberra is recommended by many local folks when it comes to AB gear at the more affordable end of the budget.

My only recommendations is a gravity feed, but then preferences does have a lot do do with what you buy.

Let us know how you get on.

Mick

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SimonL said:

Welcome to another fellow Westralian - how at you dealing with the current heat 🥵

Haha... to be honest, I'm actually in Brisbane at the moment. Watching the heat from afar. Been stuck here for 7 weeks due to the <beep> hard WA border. With nothing to do, decided to join Britmodeller and order some kits to start while in isolation back home from next week.

Edited by SubOne
Added information
  • Like 1