The Sea Control Continues - S-3B Viking (VS-32)

• 2 months later...

I just found this thread, and what a nice project Chris. :thumbsup:

I've always like the look of the Viking and remember foundly when I got the Airfix 1/72 for Christmas as a kid. 

I've been wanting to build one once again but in 1/48. Yes I've built the Esci one as a kid as well. 

But I just realized that if you want to add all resin goodies to this machine nowadays it'll set me back over €200.- :shocked:

And I don't see that happen any day soon. 

So I'll follow your build and enjoy the show. 

/Bosse :popcorn::beer: 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Marlin said:

I just found this thread, and what a nice project Chris. :thumbsup:

I've always like the look of the Viking and remember foundly when I got the Airfix 1/72 for Christmas as a kid. 

I've been wanting to build one once again but in 1/48. Yes I've built the Esci one as a kid as well. 

But I just realized that if you want to add all resin goodies to this machine nowadays it'll set me back over €200.- :shocked:

And I don't see that happen any day soon. 

So I'll follow your build and enjoy the show. 

/Bosse :popcorn::beer: 

Thanks Bosse.  It's going to be a slow progression throughout the year I think.  Work put the brakes on this one the past couple months.  I've got some vacation time yet to schedule this summer, so hopefully I'll be able to start making some headway on all these projects I have on the trot.....if I'd quit starting new ones.  This one stil hasn't been put away though, it's sitting in it's box next to the bench patiently awaiting space.:wall:

Yeah, a full set of resin bits for this thing make the initial kit price look like a pack of bubble gum.....there are still gear wells and weapon bays that are available that I couldn't justify spending on.  :blink2:  The cockpit I got for this one was a fluke, a member of the local club had it kicking around but no longer had a kit for it so he passed it on to me.  Free.ninetyfree is a pretty ok price.  The other S-3 kits will just have the stock cockpit, which with the tinted canopies really won't be a huge deal.  I've got the engines for the 2 others, and only 1 more wingfold so I can have the 3 birds in 3 different configurations (fully folded, folded wings, full spread).

• Like 3