F-35 weathering pictures for reference.

NoSG0

No idea about the article and I am only posting it for anyone needing references for weathering of a carrier based aircraft.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/44067/the-f-35cs-radar-absorbent-skin-is-looking-pretty-rough-after-months-at-sea

Edit: The canopy could be a bit of fun to tint. A gold/purple/pink depending on the light I guess?

Edited by NoSG0
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

I thought the Navy was wedded to the probe and drogue system. 

Agh... what would I know? :dunce:  I always get them mixed up.  I saw stars & bars and thought boom. :shrug:

• Like 1

Real radar emission trials would be interesting.

Is the result what it should be?

Or far below ?

Is the aircraft stealth or  vissible like any other, just the pilot believes to be on the safe side?

Happy modelling

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2022 at 9:45 AM, Slater said:

The rather prominent, darker grey zigzag pattern on the aircraft's topside seems to have been replaced by tape or panels (?) that better blend with the rest of the aircraft.

Yes, they made the change a couple of years ago.  All newer jets have RAM tape (or whatever you want to call it) matched to the overall color.   That being said, from certain angles, this stuff still shows a slightly different tint.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"...the jets appear covered in reddish-brown streaks and splotches over most of their upper surfaces, including the center fuselages, wings, and tail surfaces."

Sounds like somebody spilled their Dr. Pepper.    🍫

Cheers,

Bill