Takom M47.....are these tracks all metal or part rubber?

SeaVenom

I'm building this Takom M47

https://www.themodellingnews.com/2017/07/in-boxed-new-35th-scale-m47-patton-from.html

as a Battle of the Bulge movie version.   I thought at first they were all metal but now I'm not so sure.   In the film they look more metal but it's hard to tell seeing as they're pretty much covered in mud.

7 hours ago, Das Abteilung said:

The box art does indeed show T84 rubber chevron tracks.  The outer and inner surfaces are rubber.  The only visible metal parts are the end connectors and guide horns.

I was hoping they were all metal but looks like I'll have to paint over the metal finish I sprayed.   Probably paint the rubber parts a very dark grey then add mud etc.

7 hours ago, Whitewolf said:

I have been thinking about doing the same thing, but note the muzzle brakes on the gun barrels in the film differ from those in available M47 kits?

Movie vehicle replica's seem to have grown in popularity over the past few years.   As for the muzzle brakes yes I noticed the same thing.   I think the closest to the ones in the film are parts G53 and G54 in the Takom kit.  The other ones don't look to me like the ones in the film at all.   

here's a good shot of the movie muzzle........

https://www.google.com/search?q=m47+++battle+of+the+bulge&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjVvKTbmOD1AhWvgVwKHdOLBVQQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1024&bih=612&dpr=1#imgrc=rGkTC2tcqvl_xM

Edited by SeaVenom

They will be the standard 90mm M3.  M47s never mounted any other weapon.  However they did not generally have muzzle brakes as built.  Most if not all had either a single hole either side of the muzzle or a T-shaped blast deflector.  Other fiilms using M47 and M48 tanks have had false muzzle brakes of various shapes added.

Some countries including Yugoslavia (Belgium?) did fit muzzle brakes and it is entirely plausible that the M26/36/46 muzzle brake would fit.  The film tanks appear to have the Yugoslav-pattern muzzle brake, which looks very much like that fitted to the M26/36/46.  Yugoslavia also had M36 with the same gun, many of which came fitted with the brake.  They developed improved 90mm ammunition which needed the brake to reduce the recoil.  So I would hazard a guess that those are Yugoslav or ex-Yugoslav tanks.

Interesting.   So it looks like we either stick with the provided muzzle or get a donor kit such as an M26.   I'll probably stick with the kit muzzle though as it looks a bit similar anyway.

One other thing I noticed is none of the tanks in the film appear to have the turret machine guns.  Just the mount.