WW2 jets and rockets proposal - A Pillar Of Fire; well, we tried!

jackroadkill

7 hours ago, jackroadkill said:

Well, sorry people, we didn't make it.  However, it's been an enjoyable process for me and I'd like to thank @trickyrich for his help and guidance in proposing it, and to everyone who voted for it, whether that was to get us into the bloodletting or the actual Bunfight itself.

@Tim R-T-C

@Marklo

@theplasticsurgeon

@Corsairfoxfouruncle

@LorenSharp

@JOCKNEY

@Mig Eater

@MarkSH

@gingerbob

@GREG DESTEC

@Wez

@Retired Bob

@Andwil

@CliffB

@Longbow

@81-er

@mark.au

@Sir Dennis

@Jasper dog

@Beazer

@modelling minion

@vppelt68

@Angus Tura

@Torbjorn

@Jb65rams

@Richard Humm

@wellzy

@Werdna

@Mottlemaster

@Casey

@Walter

@John Masters

Maybe we can get something similar through next year, eh?  I'd be interested to know if any of you have any ideas for making the basic premise more attractive, by the way.

Cheers,

JRK

Hi.

I'm sorry this didn't make it.

Would it be more attractive as "rocket aircraft and 1st generation jets"? That would take in all the ww2 types but also their developments such as meteor marks > 3, vampires, T-33s, and also weird things like MiG 9s from immediately postwar.

Alan

7 hours ago, jackroadkill said:

Well, sorry people, we didn't make it.  However, it's been an enjoyable process for me and I'd like to thank @trickyrich for his help and guidance in proposing it, and to everyone who voted for it, whether that was to get us into the bloodletting or the actual Bunfight itself.

@Tim R-T-C

@Marklo

@theplasticsurgeon

@Corsairfoxfouruncle

@LorenSharp

@JOCKNEY

@Mig Eater

@MarkSH

@gingerbob

@GREG DESTEC

@Wez

@Retired Bob

@Andwil

@CliffB

@Longbow

@81-er

@mark.au

@Sir Dennis

@Jasper dog

@Beazer

@modelling minion

@vppelt68

@Angus Tura

@Torbjorn

@Jb65rams

@Richard Humm

@wellzy

@Werdna

@Mottlemaster

@Casey

@Walter

@John Masters

Maybe we can get something similar through next year, eh?  I'd be interested to know if any of you have any ideas for making the basic premise more attractive, by the way.

Cheers,

JRK

Hi.

I'm sorry this didn't make it.

Would it be more attractive as "rocket aircraft and 1st generation jets"? That would take in all the ww2 types but also their developments such as meteor marks > 3, vampires, T-33s, and also weird things like MiG 9s from immediately postwar.

Alan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Angus Tura said:

Hi Alan,

That may very well be an excellent way to broaden the appeal of the GB; perhaps those extra few years being in the bracket might appeal to more BM'ers.  Thanks very much for suggesting it.

Cheers,

JRK

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jackroadkill said:

Hi Alan,

That may very well be an excellent way to broaden the appeal of the GB; perhaps those extra few years being in the bracket might appeal to more BM'ers.  Thanks very much for suggesting it.

Cheers,

JRK

You have my vote on that one!