WW2 jets and rockets proposal - A Pillar Of Fire; well, we tried!

jackroadkill

• jackroadkill changed the title to WW2 jets and rockets proposal - A Pillar Of Fire

Hello all! 

As a newbie I first read the rules and the setup for this kind of project before making my decision. Ok, I like to join. 

FYI, I am a die-hard Me-262 supporter 😀 

Thanks, 

Dennis 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sir Dennis said:

Hello all! 

As a newbie I first read the rules and the setup for this kind of project before making my decision. Ok, I like to join. 

FYI, I am a die-hard Me-262 supporter 😀 

Thanks, 

Dennis 

Excellent!  Very glad to have you on board - you're on the list!

• jackroadkill changed the title to WW2 jets and rockets proposal - A Pillar Of Fire; at 20 names and counting

I could be tempted, lots of opportunities from a couple of genres. Time permitting a V1 or V2 with either launcher or transporter, failing that a 262 or 163.

Sign me up too if you don't mind!

Thanks

Darryl 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

I could be tempted, lots of opportunities from a couple of genres. Time permitting a V1 or V2 with either launcher or transporter, failing that a 262 or 163.

Sign me up too if you don't mind!

Thanks

Darryl 

Thanks Darryl - nice to have you with us.  A V2 would be a perfect addition to the line-up.

• jackroadkill changed the title to WW2 jets and rockets proposal - A Pillar Of Fire; closing in on the bunfight.
  • 2 weeks later...

Well now that you have so subtly brought this proposal to my attention and seeing how I have more than one Me 262 kits, and a Me 163 now I think of it, I suppose it would be rude of me not to have my name added to the list.

Would an Me 262 flown post war by the Czech Air Force be eligible?

🇺🇦

Edited by modelling minion

14 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Well now that you have so subtly brought this proposal to my attention and seeing how I have more than one Me 262 kits, and a Me 163 now I think of it, I suppose it would be rude of me not to have my name added to the list.

Would an Me 262 flown post war by the Czech Air Force be eligible?

🇺🇦

Excellent - I'll put you on the rap-sheet.  I think a post-war 262 would be okay provided it was of a variant that first flew before VJ.

• Thanks 1

• jackroadkill changed the title to WW2 jets and rockets proposal - A Pillar Of Fire; closing in on the bunfight with 23 signatories.
17 minutes ago, jackroadkill said:

Excellent - I'll put you on the rap-sheet.  I think a post-war 262 would be okay provided it was of a variant that first flew before VJ.

Yes, they were standard aircraft built for the Luftwaffe but refurbished by the Czechs in an attempt to get their aircraft industry going again after the war, I think a fair few of them were assembled from components found in Czechoslovakia.

🇺🇦

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Yes, they were standard aircraft built for the Luftwaffe but refurbished by the Czechs in an attempt to get their aircraft industry going again after the war, I think a fair few of them were assembled from components found in Czechoslovakia.

🇺🇦

Good to go then, I reckon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Is there a good-ish plastic 1:72 Me 163 kit available? Just asking :whistle:

I don't know how good it is but Academy do/did one; shall I sign you up?

8 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Yes, please. I think the Academy kit will be fine for me. V-P

Excellent decision, sir!  You're on the list.  We only need six more signatories to make the bunfight, so feel free to cajole, harass and threaten your pals into signing up, everyone.

• jackroadkill changed the title to WW2 jets and rockets proposal - A Pillar Of Fire; closing in on the bunfight with 24 signatories.
On 5/27/2022 at 2:50 AM, vppelt68 said:

Is there a good-ish plastic 1:72 Me 163 kit available? Just asking :whistle:

This just in today V-P 

Re-released … 1st to last post on the last page. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1