T55 for two.Lightning PK 126.XXXXFinishedXXXXXXX

It's looking good Steve and it's particularly nice to see a Lightning in Saudi markings :coolio:

FWIW, I've had a few disappointing results with matt metallic paints (even Alclad), so now always use shiny ones with a matt varnish top coat.

Cheers

• Like 1

10 hours ago, George Norman said:

she beginning to come to life one, looking good!

Many thank's George.

3 hours ago, CliffB said:

It's looking good Steve and it's particularly nice to see a Lightning in Saudi markings :coolio:

FWIW, I've had a few disappointing results with matt metallic paints (even Alclad), so now always use shiny ones with a matt varnish top coat.

Cheers

Thank's Cliff I'm going to finish her in a matt coat.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/02/2022 at 11:03, stevej60 said:

I'll check out the settings,PM your address I'll post them on probably have some spare Airfix walkway markings for the wings.

Hey bud, apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Is that offer still there perchance matey?

4 minutes ago, Lewis95 said:

Hey bud, apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Is that offer still there perchance matey?

Yes Lewis PM your address and I'll post them off.

• Like 1

• stevej60 changed the title to T55 for two.Lightning PK 126.XXXXFinishedXXXXXXX

That looks good. It undermines the thinking amongst so many modellers (probably myself included) that all Matchbox kits are toy like and not "real" models. Some admittedly aren't great but some are really good. 👍

BM.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Great stuff Steve

Congratulations,  looks the business mate :like:

I wonder if any of these Saudi aircraft still survive to this day ?

Cheers Pat 

Thank's Pat,coincidently my local air museum at Sunderland has an ex Saudi machine on display,it stood for many years in the hanger

still in it's Saudi markings but now restored in a late RAF gray scheme.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 07/03/2022 at 20:13, stevej60 said:

Yes Lewis PM your address and I'll post them off.

Hey bud, apologies! My model making has completely stalled for now as I've just started a new job. Feel free to offer them out to somebody else. I'm so sorry it took me this long to get back to you. I completely abandoned BM as well as my kits :(

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Lewis95 said:

Hey bud, apologies! My model making has completely stalled for now as I've just started a new job. Feel free to offer them out to somebody else. I'm so sorry it took me this long to get back to you. I completely abandoned BM as well as my kits :(

No problem Lewis,we've all been there mate!

On 03/05/2022 at 15:21, stevej60 said:

No problem Lewis,we've all been there mate!

Aye, finding the mojo amongst kids, new job & training as well as a distance college course is challenging at the best of times! 

• Like 1