T55 for two.Lightning PK 126.XXXXFinishedXXXXXXX

Hi folk's as explained in the Fury thread a think of what to end the build list with involved something never

built before and with 50 plus years of model making it's pretty hard when it comes to Matchbox kits but the

T55 fits the bill and I'd really like to see if I can get a good NMF on her had to go to £19:99 but these kits are

getting rarer now and at least with KK they are checked over.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/matchbox-pk-126-lightning-t55--162018

Should sit nicely alongside my Airfix offering's.

IMG-20191009-WA0000

• Like 11

I agree with Pat, no EE Lightning collection is complete, unless you have completed one in NMF. I'm sure this will look a treat in between those great Airfix kits. 

Cheers, welcome aboard and best of luck.. Dave 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, George Norman said:

Corr 19 quid, I have a bit of Treasure in the loft so!! I think I have 3!

Following now if I may.

You have George 20 quid seems to be the going rate for a "TO BUILD"

example.wrapped in celophane for the collectors double it!

28 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

This looks good Steve, are you going to scribe the panel lines or leave as is?

Chris

As is Chris the panel lines are quite well done on this kit.

• Like 1

Cripes they are wrapped.  3 F6 and 2 T.55's stored away, Then the Resin T jets came out and I bought a couple and then the sword!

Just been looking at the bay as this Matchbox buildis kind of infectious and is bringing me much enjoyment and good memories but could not believe the prices being asked now!! Blimey!

11 hours ago, George Norman said:

Cripes they are wrapped.  3 F6 and 2 T.55's stored away, Then the Resin T jets came out and I bought a couple and then the sword!

Just been looking at the bay as this Matchbox buildis kind of infectious and is bringing me much enjoyment and good memories but could not believe the prices being asked now!! Blimey!

Prices are high indeed,I really wanted to build their Me109 in 1/32 for this GB but can't justify the £60+ being asked by some seller's,

there are still bargains around a tenner which is what I usually limit myself to paying just picked up the twin seat Starfighter and have

another bid in on something else.

• Like 1

Hi folk's early days with this one and straight out of the box too,tape belts should be sufficient under that canopy.

20220211_144538

Fuselage buttoned up and wing's added joints just needed a little sanding leaving to dry now the those wing's need some serious

filler.

20220211_193745

• Like 10

Hi folk's,two coats of tamiya flat aluminium gone one and despite the way the photo shows it a lovely smooth finish,once dry I'll mask and pick out areas in other shades.

20220216_183857

• Like 10

Looking great Steve. I'll admit the photo above does look rather grainy however we'll take your word for it and put it down to the image hosting site. The shape looks rather lovely, looking forward to decals. 

Cheers.. Dave. 

12 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Looking great Steve. I'll admit the photo above does look rather grainy however we'll take your word for it and put it down to the image hosting site. The shape looks rather lovely, looking forward to decals. 

Cheers.. Dave. 

Yes Dave sometimes the editor spoils a photo,anyway after some shades of silver were added two coats of loss dried

overnight then I thought best attempt those decals which was and is a challenge each one took ages to release from the

sheet and had a milky gunge attatched so they have to be turned over and cleaned with a cotton bud.

20220217_193210

• Like 8

Good work on this one. The markings seem to have gone down okay despite the gunge. I also have noticed that 'grainy' effect with the spray on my previous Lightnings, it always appears to be worse on photographs than in actuality. It is nice and subtle tonal variations, I like it.

Cheers, Ray

When I built a Frog Meteor a few years ago I decided to try some Halfords Nissan Silver on it as a few other modellers had recommended it. No matter how much I shook the can it seemed to go on a bit grainy, as if the "metal flakes" in the mix were not evenly distributed. However after a couple of coats it did not look bad , at least from a distance. However I have switched to AK Extreme metallics since then as recommended by Dave in Oz and they work very well if you have a few days to let it harden up before masking.

Pete

7 hours ago, Ray S said:

Good work on this one. The markings seem to have gone down okay despite the gunge. I also have noticed that 'grainy' effect with the spray on my previous Lightnings, it always appears to be worse on photographs than in actuality. It is nice and subtle tonal variations, I like it.

Cheers, Ray

3 hours ago, PeterB said:

When I built a Frog Meteor a few years ago I decided to try some Halfords Nissan Silver on it as a few other modellers had recommended it. No matter how much I shook the can it seemed to go on a bit grainy, as if the "metal flakes" in the mix were not evenly distributed. However after a couple of coats it did not look bad , at least from a distance. However I have switched to AK Extreme metallics since then as recommended by Dave in Oz and they work very well if you have a few days to let it harden up before masking.

Pete

Thank's Ray and Pete funny the photostream photo on flickr looks fine it's the posted shots that look awful I've never had this issue and I only use Tamiya paint!

20191126_133856

20200218_110857

• Like 4

I've just cracked open this kit! No decals but hey ho, I'll think of something. 

Out of curiosity mate.... did the seats seem to over hang the fuselage sides? I think I missed a step by not gluing the seats together and placing them on the corners of the pit floor.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lewis95 said:

I've just cracked open this kit! No decals but hey ho, I'll think of something. 

Out of curiosity mate.... did the seats seem to over hang the fuselage sides? I think I missed a step by not gluing the seats together and placing them on the corners of the pit floor.

I've the Kuwait decal's spare Lewis If you want them but most of the stencils and stuff are used up on this build.Put an post in the Wanted

section someone will probably have a set.The seat's are a bit of an "iffy" fit I glued them together.

Hi folk's decals complete now and started to add the final pieces,I'm at a loss with this photo business The only thing I can think of

is that it's Tamiya aluminium I've used for the first time instead of plain Silver I can't get a decent shot only grainy looking finishes so

might not bother with gallery shots but will finish her.I've not edited this photo so appologies.

20220219_095302 (1)

• Like 6

2 hours ago, stevej60 said:

I've the Kuwait decal's spare Lewis If you want them but most of the stencils and stuff are used up on this build.Put an post in the Wanted

section someone will probably have a set.The seat's are a bit of an "iffy" fit I glued them together.

I did end up gluing them together in the end and reseating them (no pun intended!). I'll have to test the fit later. If you don't mind sending the excess roundels then I'm sure we can come to some agreement :)

Regarding your build, she looks fantastic! For the graininess, it might be due to macro mode being enabled on the camera? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lewis95 said:

Regarding your build, she looks fantastic! For the graininess, it might be due to macro mode being enabled on the camera? 

I'll check out the settings,PM your address I'll post them on probably have some spare Airfix walkway markings for the wings.